Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty screen (?) on iPhone 6S

emmamac89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Currently experiencing a major problem with my iPhone 6S which, I learned two days ago, is out of warranty (might be nice if O2 told you when you took out a 24 month contract that the device might only last for 12 and then you'd be up the proverbial creek).

The issues I've got are these:

• The screen no longer auto-locks, this is set up and used to work but now the screen just dims as if it's about to lock and then re-illuminates almost immediately
  • Several attempts are needed when pressing icons on the screen for most functions, it’s often necessary to press the home button and/or lock and unlock the screen to get it working. Furthermore: when pressing icons on the screen, the phone will often perform the wrong function or open incorrect apps (i.e. click on a What's App chat window and it calls the person or click on Messages and it opens iTunes)
  • I am routinely unable to scroll or swipe in any direction until I lock the screen and unlock it again, sometimes this takes up to a dozen attempts to get it working (this means I can't answer calls most of the time)
  • The keyboard seems to have a mind of its own: some letters require multiple taps to work, some letters do not work even after several taps but work first time after locking/unlocking the screen.  It's never the same letters either and, as the keyboard obviously doesn't move, it makes me wonder if it's the screen that's faulty at all

I've tried all the usual solutions: rebooting, hard resets, restoring to factory settings, reinstalling iTunes etc but nothing has helped.  I've googled and can't seem to find anyone who has experienced the same kind of faults.  Hoping someone here might have experienced similar or be able to come up with some suggestions?  My nearest Apple store is nearly 100 miles away so I'd rather not make that journey if I don't have to and O2 are point blank refusing to repair it without me paying for the repair which I can't really afford to do just now (not to mention the fact I object massively to paying them to repair something I'm still paying them for).  I had contemplated pricing screen replacements from local phone shops but I probably couldn't afford it and I'm not even convinced it's the screen itself that's the problem anyway.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad to see a good result
Message 11 of 11