Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every Incoming Call Shows No Caller ID or Unknown Caller

stphnwrd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received a new iPhone XR upgrade. Had to do a sim swap because the old sim didn’t work in the new phone. Now every call received shows Unknown Caller or No Caller ID, even from numbers in the contacts.
Tried resetting network settings but no luck.

O2 customer service thinks the phone is faulty but the O2 store thinks it’s a sim problem.

The same sim and another iPhone has the same problem. Another sim in the same iPhone does work.

I’m now in the second new sim after another sim swap today to try & resolve it. The O2 store have also sent out new carrier settings which they say can take up to 24 hours to activate.

The option in the settings for Show Caller ID is greyed out and can't be changed. 

Anyone else had the same problem and how was it fixed?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38739 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1740 Solutions

@jog9012 wrote:

I have exactly the same problem, all incoming calls show as unknown caller plus call waiting when I try to set it with *43# says it's an invalid MMI code.

The agents don't seem to know how to correct this and either come up with the idea the SIM is faulty or to pretend to have done something at their end and ask you to wait 24 hours ,, so kicking the can down the line.

I got transferred to O2 2 weeks ago from Virgin mobile, where everything was working OK .

My O2 experience so far is crap

I am on my third SIM now in only 2 weeks 😞

An oldish thread, @jog9012 - but persist with O2 via 202, calling at around 08:10am UK time - the O2 side needs to be taken out of service for a while, then re-initialized some time later, this method has resolved the issue in other cases. The solution needs O2's intervention, @jog9012.

Good luck.

Message 11 of 12

Capvermell
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently had my Oppo A54 5G phone stolen along with its O2 SIM card so had to get a replacement SIM card the next day at the O2 shop in Bournemouth.

The adviser in the shop seemed bright and to know what he was doing and only took five minutes to give me a new SIM card on the same account and mobile number after showing him my driving licence and a bank card.  However since then on my current temporary Moto E5 Play phone replacement (I didn't want to have to buy another expensive phone in a hurry) running Android 8.1 every single call comes up as "Unknown".

I called O2 this morning and suggested that my account needed some kind of reset to get the incoming CLI to show up.  They claim to have done something and to allow 24 hours for the caller identity to start showing up again but I am highly sceptical that this will happen in practice as almost every resolution to a technical complaint to O2 is met by a suggestion that the matter will be addressed by an adviser from the CRT network team calling you back within 5 working days only for them to never make that call.  Also when my issues with repeated lack of data services in busy seaside towns in the middle of the day were escalated from the CRT to the CCMT teams once again they did not call me about the issue either in the promised 5 working days or indeed at all.

I will keep this thread updated to let you know if or when I get Caller Display back.  Of course it may be that as this phone is only running Android 8.1 that O2 no longer supports Caller Display with this Android version but that does on the whole seem quite an unlikely scenario. Also all my normal Apps are running ok, albeit rather slower, on this phone, which does have 16MB of internal memory.

Any suggestions as to why this has happened with the missing Caller ID due to the SIM Swap caused by the phone theft would be much appreciated.

EDIT:- This post at https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Unknown-callers-on-new-SIM-card/td-p/1648233 seems to imply the issue with lack of Caller ID may be caused by having 4G Calling and/or WIfi Calling enabled on the previous Oppo A54 handset whereas the Moto E5 Play does not support these features.  I will try rebooting the phone while in Flight Mode and see if that does anything useful or not.  Now tried that but didn't do any good and caller display is still Unknown on all incoming calls.

Message 12 of 12