Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls show as 'Unknown'

John_F
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since moving from Virgin to O2 my incoming calls from my contacts are showing as 'Unknown'.

The sim is still the original from Virgin.

Is there a fix for this problem please???

John

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@John_F I'm not sure why you'd still be using your Virgin sim if you've been moved over to O2, but I'd say that getting an O2 sim would be a start. You need to speak to customer service.
Call 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 1402
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

You could also call into an O2 store if you have one nearby and they'll do the sim swap for you. Be sure to bring photo ID with you.
You can also reach O2 via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 39

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@Bambino New O2 SIM cards are not automatically being issued to migrated customers.

Virgin says the move over will be 'seamless' using the original card. We all know Virgin's idea of seamless.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 39

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

Yes @Enlli I know, which is why I suggested the OP get an O2 sim. The 'seamless' migration is bound to get worse and we will see more posts like the one above.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 39

John_F
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just been on to O2 again and they now acknowledge that there is an issue with all Motorola phones that have been migrated to O2 from Virgin. 

Apparently it's a Motorola problem that O2 are and Motorola are working on. There's no ETA for a fix yet but mention of having to wait a day or so.

Message 5 of 39

APPEC
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And it is like trying to contact extra terrestrials... All I get is chat bots sending me round in circles

Message 6 of 39

APPEC
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I could not find any way to actually contact a human being at O2

Message 7 of 39

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35965 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

@APPEC wrote:

I could not find any way to actually contact a human being at O2

O2 Social Media, links below, are "real people", @APPEC - and calling O2 at around 8am also works pretty well.

Web support is woeful.

Message 8 of 39

SandyAnderson64
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, thanks for this post....I have the same issue with my Moto. Just wondering if you got this sorted? If so, was it an easy fix or have you had to go back to O2/Motorola??

Message 9 of 39

Hol21
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, also having the same problem and I’ve not come from another network. I had to do a sim swap for my iPhone 13 upgrade and have had the caller ID showing contacts as “unknown” for over a week now.

o2 have replaced the device, I had yet another sim swap done in the shop yesterday. I’ve had the 5g bolt on taken off and put back on again and reset network settings twice. I’ve just spoke to Apple who said to test another networks sim in the phone and low and behold the EE sim worked fine.

Tech support have no idea how to fix it and I’m getting very frustrated not knowing who’s calling me. Anyone have idea idea how to get it sorted? 

Message 10 of 39