Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every Incoming Call Shows No Caller ID or Unknown Caller

stphnwrd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received a new iPhone XR upgrade. Had to do a sim swap because the old sim didn’t work in the new phone. Now every call received shows Unknown Caller or No Caller ID, even from numbers in the contacts.
Tried resetting network settings but no luck.

O2 customer service thinks the phone is faulty but the O2 store thinks it’s a sim problem.

The same sim and another iPhone has the same problem. Another sim in the same iPhone does work.

I’m now in the second new sim after another sim swap today to try & resolve it. The O2 store have also sent out new carrier settings which they say can take up to 24 hours to activate.

The option in the settings for Show Caller ID is greyed out and can't be changed. 

Anyone else had the same problem and how was it fixed?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @stphnwrd, and sorry to hear you're still having some trouble with this one! I can certainly get someone on my end to look into it, I'll need a few more details first so watch out for a Private Message shortly slight_smile

Thanks for the mention @MI5!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@stphnwrd 

Sounds more like a setting on your account. 
You will have this problem if the plist option is not selected. 
Call customer service and ask them to check. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

stphnwrd
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your reply. I spoke with a few people in customer service this morning and got passed around a bit. No one seems to know what the plist option is but I was told the number is enabled for caller id. The issue has been escalated to tech support so I’ll post back when I know anything more.
Message 3 of 12

stphnwrd
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So the Show Caller ID option can now be set but still all incoming calls are showing as No caller ID or Unknown. And no further response from O2. Not sure what the next move is. They keep trying to say I should do another sim swap or I should reset the phone again, all of which I’ve done multiple times.

If they can’t fix this would I have reasonable grounds to move the number to another network and terminate my contract early?

Message 4 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@stphnwrd 

You would have to go through the official complaints process first to see if they could help before they may consider letting you out of contract,, however, I'll tag @EmilieT first to see if she can get any traction with O2 for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

stphnwrd
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That’s really helpful. Thank you for your reply. I’m going to call them again tomorrow to ask if the tech support team has made any progress.
Message 6 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @stphnwrd, and sorry to hear you're still having some trouble with this one! I can certainly get someone on my end to look into it, I'll need a few more details first so watch out for a Private Message shortly slight_smile

Thanks for the mention @MI5!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 12

GabrielC1985
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! I`m having the same problem with my new phone. I had a sim only contract and upgrade it a few weeks ago to a new phone and sim deal contract but I keep my number however.. now I have a Samsung Galaxy S23+ 5G that come with a sim as well when arrived so I`ve been instructed to activate my sim which was 5G where my old sim was 4G. I done everything and setup everything but now all my incoming calls are UNCKNOWN. Done all the setting on the phone, reset the network enabled Caller ID, etc but nothing work. I spoke with someone on o2 support and tried to ask him if the issue is from o2 end..I`m not sure he understand it but I`m sure is from o2 as I just put my sim into a new phone and called myself from my wife phone and the call come up as UNCKNOWS. Can someone advice me how to sort this issue please?

Message 8 of 12

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6253 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

Well this thread is a tad old but it is a problem that seems to be popping up again.

Sadly, this would have been something we would have passed to one of the account advisors here, bur O2 in their wisdom have withdrawn them!

We are all customers here now and as we cannot access accounts we can only recommend keeping on at O2

May be best to message them as you can keep a copy of the thread should you need future reference

Message O2 on 

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB)  

Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) ,

they should be able to help you.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 12

jog9012
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have exactly the same problem, all incoming calls show as unknown caller plus call waiting when I try to set it with *43# says it's an invalid MMI code.

The agents don't seem to know how to correct this and either come up with the idea the SIM is faulty or to pretend to have done something at their end and ask you to wait 24 hours ,, so kicking the can down the line.

I got transferred to O2 2 weeks ago from Virgin mobile, where everything was working OK .

My O2 experience so far is crap

I am on my third SIM now in only 2 weeks 😞

Message 10 of 12