cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU Law 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it correct Apple only offer a 12 month warranty? See this link for the EU ruling that products bought in the UK have a standard 2 year warranty. Has anyone successfully used this law to get their handset repaired by Apple after the initial 12 months has lapsed?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ilers.html
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi "The Goat",

My iphone 6 has the same problem, been getting worse over past few months.  Now out of warranty as it's become impossible to work with (used to work again after pressing sleep button) and was really intermittent.  Anyhow, in middle of trying to get someone to repair or replace free of charge as to my mind this is a fault in the phone.  New consumer law came in October last year which says that any item purchased should be fit for pupose for 5 years in Scotland (6 in England).  Just wondered if you had had any success?  Apple tells me to got to carphone warehouse with claim under consumer law.

Message 41 of 43

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
To claim under that law you need to prove the fault was present when you bought the phone, ie, that it is an inherent design flaw.
Apple are usually very good with their somewhat limited warranty so if they aren't accepting it as a design flaw you will get nowhere with CPW.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
To claim under that law you need to prove the fault was present when you bought the phone, ie, that it is an inherent design flaw.

and good luck with that....

Message 43 of 43