cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contradiction in O2 &APPLE statement regarding faulty phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apple Products and Consumer Laws in the United Kingdom
Under consumer laws in the UK, consumers are entitled to a free of charge repair or replacement, discount or refund by the seller, of defective goods or goods which do not conform with the contract of sale. For goods purchased in England or Wales, these rights expire six years from delivery of the goods and for goods purchased in Scotland, these rights expire five years from delivery of the goods.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
There is a thread here that explains the difference between the SOGA and warranty
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Guide-Differance-between-SOGA-and-warranty-exte...
Your claim now should be under SOGA as the warranty period has expired.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
My IPhone 6s battery is faulty it drain quickly and warranty finished only three days ago. I called O2 they said speak to Apple , after all check Apple said O2 have to repair your fone according to above consumer law. I am stuck where to go now
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122891 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Take it back to Apple. It will end up cheaper in the long run.https://www.apple.com/uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why Have to pay if it come under warranty. And why Apple said it cover for 5 years
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
There is a thread here that explains the difference between the SOGA and warranty
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Guide-Differance-between-SOGA-and-warranty-exte...
Your claim now should be under SOGA as the warranty period has expired.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
And why Apple said it cover for 5 years

Warranty isn't 5 years.

See explanation above.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apple wouldn't have said that. Go to Apple & get an out of warranty replacement for a cheaper fee
Message 7 of 7