Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7?

bexinthecity
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

So when I placed my preorder (and paid off my refresh) this morning I saw that the estimate for the phone delivery would be up to 2 weeks for the Rose Gold plus 256GB (the one I ordered) but now when I go to the store to check whether I picked the right colour (the black really does look nice but I've decided I was right to go for Rose Gold) it says orders will be delivered on the 16th ... so those who preordered this morning have to wait 2 weeks but those who preorder right now don't? I'm confused :Z

Message 1 of 1,355
1,354 REPLIES 1,354

bexinthecity
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Is all this 'no stock until November' all for the Jet Black phones?

I'm going to be mighty p***ed if I've just paid £389 to clear my contract to upgrade if I have to wait another 2 months!!

Message 291 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is bad news!

Message 292 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is all this 'no stock until November' all for the Jet Black phones?

I'm going to be mighty p***ed if I've just paid £389 to clear my contract to upgrade if I have to wait another 2 months!!

It appears to be for most of the Plus models but the black and jet black have been the worst effected. 

Message 293 of 1,355

bexinthecity
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I'll certainly be seeking back some compensation for this! If I waited until November I would have saved £60 out of the £389 so I shall be seeking that back for sure! (though I doubt I'll receive it)

Message 294 of 1,355

StevenB14
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If there is a major shortage and they can't deliver what they promised when people pre-ordered then the lack of any information from O2 is shocking.

I hope their complaint department have extra staff in over the next few days.

Message 295 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its for a mixture of iPhone + although the worst hit looks like the black and jet black...some people have said they've recieved tracking for rose gold, gold and silver plus models!

Message 296 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh well, guess it means I won't have to stay in and wait for a parcel tomorrow. 

Message 297 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll certainly be seeking back some compensation for this! If I waited until November I would have saved £60 out of the £389 so I shall be seeking that back for sure! (though I doubt I'll receive it)

Unfortunately I highly doubt they will provide any support on this but I would continue to push them.

Just seen online someone say that your contract doesn't start until your new phone arrives, For most of us who renew when a new iphone comes every year or 2 we will now end up being up to 2 months behind on our contract.

I really shouldn't look this far ahead but I can see this delay causing issues well into the future.

Message 298 of 1,355

Gnomsie
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My order form says that if I don't have my handset within 21 days they'll give me up to 25% extra data for 6 months.
Or something that effect. Can't access my o2 to check precise wording.
Message 299 of 1,355

bexinthecity
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I'll get my dad involved :happy-smiley 58: he has been known to wither sales people with just a single stare - plus he's really not afraid of saying what he thinks lol.

But yeah I shall push even if I get nothing out of it - this is the 2nd time O2 have messed up upgrades for me (and  I can see others have had awful experiences too).

Message 300 of 1,355