Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7?

bexinthecity
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

So when I placed my preorder (and paid off my refresh) this morning I saw that the estimate for the phone delivery would be up to 2 weeks for the Rose Gold plus 256GB (the one I ordered) but now when I go to the store to check whether I picked the right colour (the black really does look nice but I've decided I was right to go for Rose Gold) it says orders will be delivered on the 16th ... so those who preordered this morning have to wait 2 weeks but those who preorder right now don't? I'm confused :Z

Message 1 of 1,355
1,354 REPLIES 1,354

uncleiven197
Level 3: Thinker
  • 76 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just had another "Your order is being processed" email, I think that's 4th or 5th one since last week!

Message 981 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ordred mine about 21:00 11/09/16 Jet black 128gb iphone 7 guess I will waiting a while tempted to cancel and get the silver is is "IN STOCK" but probably not worth the risk o2 probably lying to get more pople to sign up for the new iphone

We are calling around local stores and they are saying the jet black is out of stock, but they have the standard black and others as well in both plus and normal. 

If the cancel process is as fast as people are saying I am very tempted!

Message 982 of 1,355

smlondon
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 49 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It seems bad people who ordered on the 9th have not going tracking or any information I ordered on the 15th mine is coming Monday
Message 983 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if individual accounts are being treated differently to business accounts but I had completed my preorder and sign new contracts by 08.34 on the 9th and got the text at around 06.45 on the 16th. I've heard nothing since but it looks like loads of people who ordered well after I did have either had courier texts or received their devices. Totally flies in the face of being told that devices are being issued on a first come first serve basis. Order was for black 7 128gb

Message 984 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been told it's 24 hours to process the cancellation but the weekend doesn't count so 24 hours from Monday would mean I could go to store Tuesday to collect but knowing my luck they would have run out by Tuesday so think I'm gonna sit tight and hope it comes Monday or Tuesday.
Last time I pre-order though! Could have got it on release day by walking into store!

Message 985 of 1,355

uncleiven197
Level 3: Thinker
  • 76 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Surely Apple wont make the same mistake twice 😛

Message 986 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hadnt considered the weekend and how that might effect the cancellation process. 

Seen someone else post saying it took 5 minutes.

Message 987 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

wah wait what what model?

Message 988 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

look at it this way if you cancel are you willing to take the risk that you might not get it anyway and therefore you will be even futher down the list?

I ordred on the 11th so im probably like behind 10,000 people not really keen to risk the cancel lose my place to then definlty have to wait for 8 weeks if its not instock. dont trust o2's estimates with even one penny

also remember this is apples fault not o2 they screwed up in stock. apple needs to invent irevive and get steve jobs back

Message 989 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked my local store had stock over the phone (they had 4 of the model I wanted but said they couldn't reserve them)

Contacted customer services to cancel my preorder... drove down to the store. When I got there my order hadn't cancelled (he did say it could take up to 24 hours) so I went for a coffee and whilst doing that checked the myo2 app which then said I could upgrade now. Went back to the store and walked out with my new handset 10 minutes later. 

Saves all this faffing about...

This morning I got another text from o2 saying sorry I hadn't got my iPhone yet bla bla lol

Message 990 of 1,355