cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7 PLUS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seperate thread for 7+ customers to update each other.

Message 1 of 3,109
3,108 REPLIES 3,108

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

I used to work at the CS for a large bank and we used to do something similar. If you were screaming and shouting etc. then you would get something called an A block put on your account. This was used for suspicions of account takeovers and would stop all cards etc. and the only way to get it removed was to take two forms of ID into the branch. Best bit was the guidelines for putting on the block were advisor judgements so you could just say I thought something was suspect. Since working CS I have never been rude to a single one.

Message 81 of 3,109

Robsa
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ordered a matt black 7+ 128gb on 9/9 confirmed 10.47am.

Just spoke to online chat and got the same 'delayed, sorry, you will receive a text today and delivery in the next 4 days' spiel.

If this is accurate, perfectly happy...

Message 82 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so never got a call back. I called again and they are saying 2-3 weeks for me. The systems is saying "out of stock" on my model.
Message 83 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just phone a CS rep as I was intrigued by my live chat earlier. He put me on hold to speak so he could speak to a manager. Apparently my order should be completed within the next 4 days (not including Sunday) and I'll receive a message on the morning of delivery. I must say he was really pleasant on the phone and didn't try and BS me at al..

I wouldn't be as irritated about receiving my phone if I hadn't dropped my current iPhone 6 and smashed the screen on Monday of this week - sick of getting splinters everytime I use it!

Message 84 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love a good complaint, but I think it goes without saying that none of this shambolic display is the fault of the agents on the other end of the phone, live chat or behind the desk in the store. I hope nobody has been treating them poorly as a result of these delays. That said, some communication wouldn't go amiss. I still haven't heard anything.

Order Type: New contract
How Ordered: Online
Delivery Type: Home delivery
Model Ordered: iPhone 7 Plus 256gb Black (not Jet Black)
Date Ordered: 12/09
Time Ordered: 21:00
Time Confirmation Emails Received: 21:31
Delivery Expectation Set: Live chat told me to expect delivery around 24th - 26th September.
Email of Death Received: No email or text

When I placed the order I had no idea when to expect the device. I got on the live chat the day after ordering because I had a nagging doubt over whether the tariff I had chosen would give me enough data and I wanted to change it. While I was there I figured I'd ask for a delivery update and I was told that customers who had preordered on the 9th would receive their devices today (12th) but, based on the date and time I had placed the order, that I should expect delivery around the 24th - 26th.

After waking this morning to find the entire mobile retail sector in utter disarray I thought it might be a good time to call for an update and was told I should have received a text (I haven't) or email (nope) informing me of new delivery expectations, but that it was probably going to be 5 - 6 weeks!

Why don't they make and distribute enough iPhones to meet demand? When has an iPhone launch ever not been exponentially bigger than the last one? Surely they have numbers on this? Bonkers Astounded

If it helps anyone make a decision about what you want to do, I spent some time compiling a little table with each supplier's expected delivery dates for the Plus. This is up to date as of the time of this post... Vodafone and Tesco don't provide expected delivery dates on their websites and the Three website appears to have crashed under the load, which may or may not reflect their ability to cope with demand for stock wink

Message 85 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

Same here buddy, he seemed to be genuine 

Message 86 of 3,109

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just been told on web chat that if im not happy i can cancel my order and receive a full refund of the upfront costs lol....

Message 87 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrsbaker1 wrote:

I have just been told on web chat that if im not happy i can cancel my order and receive a full refund of the upfront costs lol....

Will they also refund you the weeks interest you lost as it was in their bank account and not yours?

Message 88 of 3,109

mrsbaker1
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
probably not but i bet its the easiest way to shut a customer up! last thing anyone wants is an agent to accidentally cancel your order!
the web agent said this:.... To process this again shall I place the order request again from my end. It will not be a new order but to push forward the existing order.

whether this is true i will never know. no point stressing anymore, it wont make it arrive any quicker.
i do wonder how many people actually received their phones today? ive seen one person on here that said someone they know received two today.
Message 89 of 3,109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrsbaker1 wrote:
probably not but i bet its the easiest way to shut a customer up! last thing anyone wants is an agent to accidentally cancel your order!
the web agent said this:.... To process this again shall I place the order request again from my end. It will not be a new order but to push forward the existing order.

whether this is true i will never know. no point stressing anymore, it wont make it arrive any quicker.
i do wonder how many people actually received their phones today? ive seen one person on here that said someone they know received two today.

My brother.

Message 90 of 3,109