cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage/phone settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
I have an iPhone 6splus and pay Sim only. My 4GB of data is rarely used but I have had a message this month telling me I’m nearly all used up. I have tried the online Guru’s who really didn’t help.
I would like to know what my settings should be as obviously something has altered but I don’t understand enough to know. It’s when I leave the house I lose WI FI and must be using all the data?
Help please
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You can look in the settings on the phone to see which app has used the most date, then if you don't need that app using data when away from wifi, you can turn off access to mobile data by each app.
Settings >mobile data and scroll down to see usage and slide the slider to the off position against the app you don't want using data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You can look in the settings on the phone to see which app has used the most date, then if you don't need that app using data when away from wifi, you can turn off access to mobile data by each app.
Settings >mobile data and scroll down to see usage and slide the slider to the off position against the app you don't want using data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I will look now.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Facebook, Instagram and other social network apps use tons of data these days so it's wise to limit the use of those to wifi only to save your data.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4