cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot unlock phone as IMEI apparently isn't registered on O2 System

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I've been trying to unlock my iPhone SE for a week now. I've made multiple requests and some have been escalated. 

Everytime, O2 tell me that the phone is not yet registered on their system and I need to make more calls etc, so the IMEI gets registered and then I can unlock.

I've had the phone for a week now so surely it should be on the system by now? How long does it usually take?

Thanks

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortuantely darrengf suggestion didn't work. So I've got a PAYG SIM this morning, put it in the phone and made a couple of calls. Hopefully it will get registered on the network under this number. However nothing yet - still shows the same error in the new PAYG My O2 account

Message 11 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I still think there is an account issue that CS need to sort for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will give them a call a bit later. If the iPhone is not binding to a completely different account either, could it be something to do with the phone itself? Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but it's a refurb, so potentially been registered before on O2 network.
Message 13 of 21

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If the phone is working OK (calls and texts) I wouldn't think it was anything to do with the phone. It's just, for some reason, your account that's not updating.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Made a complaint and was called back by the complaints department a day later. The lady that I spoke to said the phone is showing on the system and she put the unlock through again. She "guarantees it will work this time" apparently. I'm somewhat sceptical as the phone still isn't showing in My O2.

Message 15 of 21

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If she can see it at her end it should go through OK.
Look out for your confirmation email.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

She put it through yesterday afternoon and I haven't had any confirmation. I didn't realise I was meant to get one.

Message 17 of 21

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Sorry, I meant confirmation of unlock.
Usually after 3-4 days.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 21

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 19 of 21

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
For sure.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 21