cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Although using star hash 10 hash is SUPPOSED to be FREE?, why does my data go down each time I use this method to look at my remaining data?

I now dare not look at it again for fear of using all my data up, even though I'm not using it for actual calls or texts etc.

Message 1 of 36
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Data is nothing to do with calls or texts.
Allowances for calls, texts and data are all separate and independent of each other.
How much data do you think is being used by *#10# ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions
Message 2 of 36

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Data is nothing to do with calls or texts.
Allowances for calls, texts and data are all separate and independent of each other.
How much data do you think is being used by *#10# ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 36

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
To be picky, it's a USSD code (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) so there is a potential to use a few kb's

Currently using:
Message 4 of 36

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Infintisimal I would have thought but I have never used data texting balance in all the years I've used it. Picky yes...

Message 5 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a new one I've never come across. Didn't think data would be used in texts?

Message 6 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Every day is a blumming school day on here....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 36

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Infintisimal I would have thought but I have never used data texting balance in all the years I've used it. Picky yes...

Yes, it would only be tiny amounts which is why I asked the question.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Each time I use this so-called FREE!? *HASH10HASH method it uses up 5 pence of my data.  On its own this is a very small amount but, in trying to just look at the data I have left, I now have only £12.34 remaining out of £20!  Where is it all going?  How can they say it is free?  I've never made any calls or texts outside of my WiFi zone, I'm just paying lots of cash to O2 and getting NO USAGE at all.  Something is wrong.

Message 9 of 36

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Calls and texts are chargeable so that's probably where your credit is going.
Being inside your wifi zone won't help with saving money on those I'm afraid.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 36