Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate iphone after updating iOS

nomadsoul
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently updated iOS but yet again, it did not correctly update my iphone and I had to restore it to factory settings, losing everything on it. But, I now get an error message - "Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a few minutes."

It then suggests contacting Apple Support, which I've done, although they weren't particularly helpful. I've tried rebooting my laptop, dsconnecting and reconnecting my iPhone and I've gone through the restore process again. The SIM card is in my phone - I've taken it out and put it back in. I'm now at my wits end. iOS causes problems EVERY time. I know that's an Apple issue but I'm concerned that the activation is more related to the phone and O2. 

Anyone else had this problem?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Some ideas here if you have not already tried them https://www.imyfone.com/ios-10/what-to-do-if-cant-activate-iphone-after-ios-10-upgrade/

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 13

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

This is a known issue with IOS 12.1 onwards. After updating many many users complained that they have lost mobile data and in some cases WiFi. Some have even lost the ability to make calls. It seems to be confined to the States rather that Europe and the UK however.

Apple has apparantly not recognised officially the prblem and it was hoped tha the latest IOS update would fix the issue but apparantly not.

A trip to the Apple Store is the order of the day I think

Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was 12.1.2 the problem in the states not 12.1. 12.1.3 should fix any outstanding issues
Message 13 of 13