cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't unlock second hand iPhone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, can anyone please help? I've tried to unlock a second hand iPhone 4 that I bought by filling in the unlock form. I've done this several times but each time I received an email saying something about my security details not being correct, which I've checked and to my knowledge they are correct! I am now receiving emails saying that multiple unlock requests have been received and so have been rejected. I'm totally stuck for what to do?! I have enough credit for the unlock as I'm on pay and go, but I can't use my iPhone until it has been unlocked as I don't want to waste this credit! Please please please can someone help??
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few days after you have made those chargeable calls so they show up on your o2 account.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you made some chargeable calls on it to latch your iPhone's imei to the sim card ?

Alternatively ask someone you know on o2 to put their sim in and make a few calls and they fill out the unlock request form.

If its locked to another Network then you will have to go through them for the unlock.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered an O2 sim and have called a few numbers but not used up any credit, I've used the number from the O2 sim in the unlock request forms. Do I have to make calls / send texts that will charge my account?
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I ordered an O2 sim and have called a few numbers but not used up any credit, I've used the number from the O2 sim in the unlock request forms. Do I have to make calls / send texts that will charge my account?

Is the iphone locked to the o2 Network ?

Make some chargeable calls.

We normally suggest topping up by £20.

£15 for the unlock and £5 for the calls.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay well I've got £25 on the phone so I'll call some people and try it again. And yes it's locked to O2. When do you suggest I fill in the form again??
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few days after you have made those chargeable calls so they show up on your o2 account.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay thank you, I'll give it a go slight_smile
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay thank you, I'll give it a go slight_smile

You're welcome.

Good luck.

Message 8 of 8