cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send text message to 4 digit number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm getting texts from Vodafone and in order to stop them I need to reply STOP to 9774. Trouble is I can't. My iPhone is splitting the number into area code / number. It's trying to text (977) 4

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Cheers

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

If you are receiving texts for subscription services they come from a 5 digit number. Open the text and then use the menu for more details. Check the number there. If you tell us the company we can help with more advice.

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Is international dialling assist turned on?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it was and I've switched it off but that hasn't helped. Same problem.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks but the text tells me to reply to a four digit number which I can't. I won't be able to reply to a five digit number either as it will still split it into area code.

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous who exactly is the text from? You have told us you can't text STOP but the actual text you received must have been sent from a number (or did it just state Vodafone?)

I have just checked out the Vodafone site. They are saying text 7726 (SPAM) on keypad

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Calls-texts-and-voicemail/Nuisance-calls-and-texts/38912183/What-can-I-do-about-nuisance-and-spam-texts.htm

Having said all that ...and if you are with O2, I can't understand why you would be getting texts from Vodafone?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

To be honest I've never heard of sending stop to a 4 digit number so I would contact Vodafone.

Message 7 of 7