cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling All iPhone 5s/5c owners. I need your help !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling for help off all you iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c owners.

I really need your help in my dilemma at being near my time to upgrade to the next iPhone.

My History :

I have used various iPhones and my current handset is the iPhone 5 16gb Black-Slate, which I've been using for nearly a year on the o2 Network, and now am very interested in upgrading to one of the new iPhones.

What I'm asking from all you early adopters of the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, is to please give me an honest, real life user review of how you are finding your new iPhone.

Your Reviews on ;

• What is the battery life like for you, and how does it handle iOS7.
  • Is the iPhone 5s really snappier than the iPhone 5 ,with its new a7 chip.
  • How does the iPhone 5c handle. is it sturdy with the plastic shell.
  • Is the Camera and its functions better.
  • In true life what is the Touch ID like. Is it hit and miss or accurate.
  • What is 4G like on the new iPhone.
  • What colour and capacity did you opt for and why.
  • What handset did you upgrade from and how does your new handset compare.

As I'm going to be using the iPhone on the o2 Network I need you guys and gals to tell me how it really is.

Really looking forward to your frank and honest reviews.

Thank you in advance.

Lee.

iphone 5s:5c.jpeg

Message 1 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol. I suppose.

I'll wait until I have day off. slight_smile

Message 71 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol. I suppose.

I'll wait until I have day off. slight_smile

Have you decided which you are gonna get?

Message 72 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @1980b

Well as my current iPhone 5 16gb still has over 9gb free space on it I'm swaying to stay with a 16gb capacity.

I also will possibly be staying with the darker colours and opt for the space grey after having a play with the working demo model in the apple store.

I was just a little concerned over the coating on the antenna banding but hopefully it looks like it may be improved from last time.

That saying I've just a little pin head mark on my ip5 antenna coating.

I basically want to be ready for O2's 4G/Lte ( wink ) on Payg when it's released !

Are you still finding yours ok now you've had it a while ?
Message 73 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wise choice with the Space Grey, it's the best colour IMO!

I still like it, always liked iPhone's front he very first - take some beating in all honesty.  After using it for a while you notice it isn't that much faster than the 5 for most things, always the case with the "S" models though, they are faster but not too much.

Although I end up using iOS as my main option, it still frustrates me!  The main thing being the crazy 10 minute timeout for the background API's for 3rd party apps.  Android wins for that, take a pic and off it goes to dropbox, google drive, whatever you choose.  Sync a playlist from Spotify and it just downloads away happily in the background.  Not on iOS!

Also, the screen size - 4" is still too small - 4.7" like the HTC One is perfect so this is another thing which keeps pushing me (temporarily) away from iOS to Android wink

But then the OS as a whole is so much more polished and performs better.  So this is wat keeps pushing me back to iPhones slight_smile

As far as iPhone's go - the 5S is undoubtedly the best yet (obviously) so an obvious choice for anyone wanting to stick with iPhone.

Message 74 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
So..... You kinda like yours then ?

wink
Message 75 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So..... You kinda like yours then ?

wink

Oh yes wink

Message 76 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rofl.

Looking forward to trading up myself and more importantly my eldest is waiting also so he can have this one.

He's still using my 4s from last time.

I've been reading on other forums etc and it seems the better battery output is a common factor.
Message 77 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous
@Anonymous

Just wanted to thank you both for your case recommendations.

Both now ordered as I do like to mix it up a bit.

slight_smile

Your welcome bandofbrothers.

I hope you enjoy it, for the price it is on Amazon (compared to its normally price) I found it really good value for money.

Once you receive the case and pouch, I'd be interested to hear your opinion on them. slight_smile

@Anonymous Afternoon @Anonymous,

As promised my thoughts on the Sena Case.

After reading a few of the Amazon reviews of the stitching on the pouches being loose etc I was a little concerned.

My worries soon disappeared after looking the case over.

The workmanship on these cases are excellent and its quality in materials and workmanship definitely warrants the price.

As said over and over again in the reviews on first use the case it tight but its started to shape to my iPhone 5 now. I wont be able to use this case at work as I'm on and off a Flt all day, so at the moment my phone slips into a belt holster.

This one will be reserved for when I go out in my free time.

Thank you for suggesting the case I'm well pleased with it.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 78 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous
@Anonymous

Just wanted to thank you both for your case recommendations.

Both now ordered as I do like to mix it up a bit.

slight_smile

Your welcome bandofbrothers.

I hope you enjoy it, for the price it is on Amazon (compared to its normally price) I found it really good value for money.

Once you receive the case and pouch, I'd be interested to hear your opinion on them. slight_smile

@Anonymous Afternoon @Anonymous,

As promised my thoughts on the Sena Case.

After reading a few of the Amazon reviews of the stitching on the pouches being loose etc I was a little concerned.

My worries soon disappeared after looking the case over.

The workmanship on these cases are excellent and its quality in materials and workmanship definitely warrants the price.

As said over and over again in the reviews on first use the case it tight but its started to shape to my iPhone 5 now. I wont be able to use this case at work as I'm on and off a Flt all day, so at the moment my phone slips into a belt holster.

This one will be reserved for when I go out in my free time.

Thank you for suggesting the case I'm well pleased with it.  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the follow up review bandofbrothers, delighted that you are well pleased with the Sena slight_smile

I too read through the reviews before purchasing the pouch. I think the few negative reviews were from the people who had unfortunately received a poorly finished off pouch. I never pay too much notice of these reviews as its an easier enough thing to get Amazon to send you a replacement out if you are unfortunate enough to receive a faulty item, from experience of when I've needed this in the past.

I agree, the quality of the leather, the workmanship, and fit are A1, and are well worth the £18 asking price. I've seen pouches of this calibre going for the thick end of £30, and the Sena pouch is able to meet the quality, workmanship etc of these more expensive pouches in my opinion.

This was the first Sena pouch I had purchased, but after been extremely pleased with the quality etc of the Sena, I will definitely purchase Sena pouches for future iPhone's I get.

Previously I used to get the Ikonic Edge pouches going back to the 3GS days. But the last one I got was too long and too loose. You could tip the pouch upside down and the iPhone would slide out (which is not good). Ikonic Edge are a New Zealand company and the pouches come from NZ. I contacted them to complain about the poor fit of the pouch. But they were not willing to replace it until they received it back and they said that I would need to return it to NZ at my expense, even though I had pointed out that the issue with the pouch was not my faulty. But the cost of the postage made it not worth it, so I just kept the pouch.

I later read on the Mac Rumours forum, a thread where a number of people were complaining about poor fit on the Ikonic Edge pouches. Ikonic Edge posted on the thread that a number of iPhone 5 pre production pouches, had mistakenly been sent out to customers?? . In fairness though, they seem to have solved the sizing issue now. It will be interesting to see if they suffer the same sizing issue when they need to design a new pouch for the next gen iPhone.

Message 79 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning Fatboy,

You're welcome ref my update.

Like I said the quality and workmanship definitely deserved a mention.

If it was not for your recommendation I can say I would have skipped over it !

I actually prefer the really tight fit to begin with so it moulds to the phone ,and TBH if my phone slipped out like the version of pouch you mention, I certainly would have sent it back.

I think distance selling requires the seller to foot the cost of return postage !

That said I wont be sending this one back  wink

Thank you again.

Message 80 of 98