cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling All iPhone 5s/5c owners. I need your help !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling for help off all you iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c owners.

I really need your help in my dilemma at being near my time to upgrade to the next iPhone.

My History :

I have used various iPhones and my current handset is the iPhone 5 16gb Black-Slate, which I've been using for nearly a year on the o2 Network, and now am very interested in upgrading to one of the new iPhones.

What I'm asking from all you early adopters of the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, is to please give me an honest, real life user review of how you are finding your new iPhone.

Your Reviews on ;

• What is the battery life like for you, and how does it handle iOS7.
  • Is the iPhone 5s really snappier than the iPhone 5 ,with its new a7 chip.
  • How does the iPhone 5c handle. is it sturdy with the plastic shell.
  • Is the Camera and its functions better.
  • In true life what is the Touch ID like. Is it hit and miss or accurate.
  • What is 4G like on the new iPhone.
  • What colour and capacity did you opt for and why.
  • What handset did you upgrade from and how does your new handset compare.

As I'm going to be using the iPhone on the o2 Network I need you guys and gals to tell me how it really is.

Really looking forward to your frank and honest reviews.

Thank you in advance.

Lee.

iphone 5s:5c.jpeg

Message 1 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

Anonymous
Not applicable
@davethorp
@1980b
@Fatboy
@beegee
@Lorr1224
@johnelf1
@matttye

One more question.

The iPhone 5 did suffer from the coating on the antenna band being prone to marking / chipping up.

Do you think your iPhone 5s may suffer ?

How's it holding up on yours ?
Message 51 of 98

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Mines been in the case since day 1 so can't say. However I've not read anything online about scuffing compared to the 5 so that could be taken as a positive sign

Message 52 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
The banding is the same sort of material as on the 5 it seems so would expect it to scuff just the same as before.
Message 53 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers guys.

I was hoping they (apple)had learnt from last time.

Message 54 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@davethorp
@Anonymous
@Anonymous
@Anonymous
@Anonymous
@Anonymous
@Anonymous

One more question.

The iPhone 5 did suffer from the coating on the antenna band being prone to marking / chipping up.

Do you think your iPhone 5s may suffer ?

How's it holding up on yours ?

I've seen it mentioned on various forums that Apple dropped the black & slate colour for the 5s because the very dark slate colour (almost black) was a really hard colour to anodise, and was prone to scuffing/chips.

In fairness though, I have a few friends with iPhone 5's in the black & slate colour and none of them have had any chipping or peeling of the anodising.

I keep my iPhone 5s in the leather pouch I mentioned earlier most of the time, and its still like new.

I haven't seen any mention on the various forums of scruffing/chipping with the 5s like there was with the iPhone 5, so that seems to indicate that something must have changed. Perhaps the lighter colours that the 5s are available in has cured the issue or perhaps Apple are using a different type of anodising that is a lot more tougher.

Message 55 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers @fatboy.

Sounds hopeful.

I've ordered one of those pouches too after what you said about it.

Happy days
Message 56 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous
@Anonymous

Just wanted to thank you both for your case recommendations.

Both now ordered as I do like to mix it up a bit.

slight_smile

Your welcome bandofbrothers.

I hope you enjoy it, for the price it is on Amazon (compared to its normally price) I found it really good value for money.

Once you receive the case and pouch, I'd be interested to hear your opinion on them. slight_smile

Message 57 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will do m
Message 58 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will do
Message 59 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Once you receive the case and pouch, I'd be interested to hear your opinion on them. slight_smile

Likewise.

I've never tried a pouch, always gone for the hard case, no screen protector. In fact I only started using a case regularly with my previous phone, a BB Torch 9860, because it was a slippery thing and needed something to give a bit of extra grip. Same reasoning applies to the iphone. With a pouch I would worry about dropping the phone while retrieving it, and the possibility of dust or grit getting into the pouch.

This is my first iphone, so can't comment on the antenna band thing, and it's been in the case since day 2

Message 60 of 98