Did you mean: 

Apple watch setup mobile data issue , Code 28

AndreiXpert
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello
Trying for the past two days to activate my cellular apple watch and nobody seems to be helpful.
All i get is people that pretend not to hear me or calls dropping and even others getting me to buy extra sims for the apple watch :))) (wtf?!?)
The problem is simple , read all the steps and errors people were getting in the past , mine is a bit simpler , I press on setup data plan in the Watch App , get to the point where i need to login , i am doing that and then straight to Error 28 , contact o2 and quote this error .

Ideas ? O2 customer support doesn’t have any , besides sending me esims (i’ve got 3 already and 2 more are on their way )

UPDATE 1 : Just got a text from o2 saying "the error code on your watch means that your bill needs to be paid up to date thanks was unable to call you back dialling issues" ( wtf? , bill issue date is in 7 days , nothing to pay atm ) 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 Thanks for the tag @AndreiXpert will private message you reagrding the issue.

Thanks

O2 Simon

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@AndreiXpert 

I'll ask @Anonymous to assist you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

AndreiXpert
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks . Will be around
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Thomaso1 may also be around now......?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 Thanks for the tag @AndreiXpert will private message you reagrding the issue.

Thanks

O2 Simon

Message 5 of 10

AndreiXpert
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous I am here and waiting :)) if you manage to untangle this you are the MAN :))
Message 6 of 10

Aleena-1
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

Did anyone get a solution to this? I'm getting the same code. No outstanding balance due but still getting the error code.

Message 7 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Every time you think you have the answer, something changes all the questions, @Aleena-1 - you will have to persist with O2 to get this resolved. You can call O2 in 292, or get to O2 via Social Media (link just below has the details) or take phone, watch and some photo id into an O2 Shop. Good luck!

Message 8 of 10

Aleena-1
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn Thank you for your response. I have visited an O2 shop and they were unable to sort out the issue. They did the reset of the network on my iPhone and have amended my plan to O2 iPhone plan so can use other apple products and told me to try after 24 hours. I did as told and still getting the same error code 28. @O2Lisa is this something that you could help with?

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@Aleena-1 

Unfortunately we no longer have the O2 account advisers helping out on the community so it's all down to yourself having to interact with customer service

Message 10 of 10