Did you mean: 

Apple watch coverage

Kal1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, 

I own an apple watch that was previously provided coverage by Three mobile. I now want have the same with O2, as I have switched. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148960 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Kal1 

If your watch is paid off and disconnected from Three, yes.

Activate Apple Watch Guide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 148960 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Kal1 

If your watch is paid off and disconnected from Three, yes.

Activate Apple Watch Guide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Kal1
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! That is exactly what I was after! 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 148960 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

You're welcome @Kal1 

Message 4 of 8

bob_le_builder
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Kal1 I have been trying to get mobile service for my Apple Watch on O2 and it has proved impossible for me. Are you asking about getting mobile coverage so you can make calls from the watch without the phone? If you manage to do this with O2, please let me know here.

I have literally just got off the second call today trying to get this sorted and I've been told, not for the first time, that O2 do not support making or receiving calls on the Apple Watch. The only plan they would offer me is 1GB of data for £7 a month with no calls. Wishing I'd never left EE, but I had do due to moving and having no signal.

@MI5 is this true that O2 don't support making calls from watch without phone? Thanks for the amazing number of posts you have made in support of people on here too!

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 148960 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@bob_le_builder 

Calls on the Apple watch are done over 4g, so yes, you can do calling on watch without the phone and you do need the £7 per month add on.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/watch-airtime-plan-terms

Message 6 of 8

bob_le_builder
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 thanks for the information! I was specifically told on the call that I could not make a call from my watch without the phone being also present. I was concerned that this means that the watch data was for apps that require data connections. However, I believe you are saying that the Phone app on the watch will actually work over 4g, correct?

Perhaps the customer service rep was trying to explain this condition from the terms you linked:

"If your Apple Watch is not paired with an iPhone, you will not be able to use data or receive/make calls and texts on your Apple Watch."

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 148960 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@bob_le_builder 

Yes, it definitely works once paired to your phone correctly.

Message 8 of 8