Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 8 - Mobile Data Activation Error Code 15, 91, 92

mpower
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Received my Apple Watch Series 8 yesterday purchased directly from O2 and cannot activate mobile data, during the many attempts I get one of the following error codes: 15, 91, 92 

Have extensively read through the numerous posts on here spanning back a considerable amount of time and tried all of the suggested fixes and setting changes etc including unpairing and pairing again several times. Still no further along. 

Spoke to a customer services representative last night and as nice as he was he had no idea what the problem was so hoping somebody with a little more insight into the root of the issue can pick this up here.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125924 Posts
  • 870 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@mpower 

I'll tag one of our account advisors @O2Sarah- to see if she can help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@mpower I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 3 of 16

Hucks
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m also having this issue have for 4 days did you manage to fix the issue??

Message 4 of 16

Hucks
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m also having this issue can you please help me 😭😭😭

Message 5 of 16

NikkiMckayla
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! I’m also having this issue, can you please help me too? No one over the phone knows what to do 

Message 6 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12620 Posts
  • 126 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Hi @NikkiMckayla 

I can ask @O2Sarah- to get in touch to see if she can help.

Another watch problem for you to try and fix if you can Sarah!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 16

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag  @gmarkj 

@NikkiMckayla I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 8 of 16

mpower
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sarah from O2 got in touch with me and escalated this to their engineers, today I can see in the watch app under mobile data it shows O2 and activating with a spinning icon so that's progress I suppose. Hopefully it wont take long for the activation to complete fingers_crossed.

It's frustrating to see all of these comments and previous posts spanning back a very long time where many people are having the exact same problem with what is clearly an issue that O2 aren't fixing in their back end systems for whatever reason. If the issue isn't resolved by the end of this week I'll jut return the watch and cancel. 

It's also frustrating that despite the annual RPI increase of 17.3% this year their overall network quality has degraded in my area. I've had a number of messages a few months back saying they are carrying out work in my area to improve things but no further update on the completion of the works .... the only noticeable difference is a degradation in coverage and I frequently find my phone attempting to use 3G which barely works instead of 4G which seemed fine last year. Then to add insult to injury I buy a watch that their system cannot seem to activate without several customer services advisors and their engineering department having to intervene. 

Unortunately I'm in a 36 month contract on my phone, otherwise I would happily try another network. 

Message 9 of 16

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38376 Posts
  • 1291 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@Hucks wrote:

I’m also having this issue can you please help me 😭😭😭

@Hucks see here - O2 should reach out to you via private message here.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Apple-Watch-data-plan-error-code-14/m-p/1631414/highlight...

Message 10 of 16