Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 5 Error Code 30 issue

drmsa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys. Really trying to seek some help to sort the error 30 problem on my new Apple Watch series 5.
Had contacted O2 direct earlier today given where I was handed a NIC number and advised will be contacted by a software engineer. No contacts subsequently. However have noticed people getting help on the forum so would really appreciate any help in sorting this out for me please. @EmilieT
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @drmsa , sorry to hear you're having some frustrations with trying to connect your Apple Watch. Keep us posted on how you're getting on with this. Sounds like it's being looked into already, but if you get stuck again I'm happy to have a look for you on our end. slight_smile

Cheers for the tag @jonsie  and for the troubleshooting and advice so far @MI5 , @Bambino ! thumbsup

Message 11 of 22

drmsa
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Marjo, thanks for your reply. 

Just to update, i received a phone call from the support team this morning who basically suggested ride out the 24 hours from the time i received the morning text and it should all work, however if it doesn't they will be ringing me back on Wednesday again to help sort out.

No further progress since. Still showing the same as Mobile Data status as No Connection. 

Any help would be highly appreciated @Marjo 

Message 12 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It has been taking between 48 to 72 hours recently to provision watch data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 22

Vampkiller
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
your lucky im still waiting its been a month since i got the apple watch 4 , and still no where forward getting error 30
Message 14 of 22

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

drmsa
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to keep everyone posted...my Apple Watch seems to be completely functional today. It shows up as connected and have used it a few times when out and about - no issues. So the conclusion really is that it does take time to basically sync to the ?servers at O2.

Hopefully it stays like this and I have no further issues going ahead. 

Thank you for all your support and help during this time. 

Message 16 of 22

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Perfect, good to hear and thanks for the update @drmsa - I was about to send you a PM to get someone to have a closer look for you today, but glad to hear it's now working for you. smiling

@Vampkiller I remember we were looking into this earlier this month for you. Sorry to hear you're still having trouble connecting. 😞 Happy to see if I can get an update for you about it in my colleague's absense and get one of our Gurus to take another look. I'll drop you a private message shortly to connect further!

Message 17 of 22

GallowayLass
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got a 5 watch on Christmas Day and can’t get a mobile data contract. I have completed the setup and paired the watch to my phone. Also have updated the watch to the latest version of the software. When I click through from the app on my phone, and go to setup mobile data it takes me to My o2 and I login and get as far as the screen where it says I have to choose a data plan from the list and click next. Trouble is there are no plans there to choose from.
Today I rang o2 and didn’t get anywhere. First of all they needed to know where the watch was purchased from. I have no idea as it was a gift. Then I was told there was no Apple Watch linked to my phone number. I find that hard to believe as twice today, people rang me and when my phone rang, so did the watch on my wrist. The end up that a guru was consulted at their end who told the representative that there was a known issue that was preventing people setting up a data plan and that there was no closure date as to when they expected to have the issue fixed. Also, they cannot put a note on my account to text me to tell me when the issue is resolved as “it doesn’t work that way”!
I am also having trouble using Apple Pay on the watch. It worked fine the first time I tried it on Boxing Day but twice today, it would not work in different shops.
Has anybody else had this problem and knows how to fix it? Many thanks.
Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@GallowayLass 

@Martin-O2 is able to help. Drop him a private message.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 22

GallowayLass
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you Martin but I tried again late last night mainly to get a screenshot of what was happening and there was now a data plan so I added it. It took ages to process but it’s working. Now all I have to do it get o2 to honour the six months free that my husband was promised when he bought the watch. If not, I will not let it roll over beyond the first month. Phone contract is also up in two months so could move provider then.
Message 20 of 22