Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular Data stuck on 'Activating'

markrduk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I purchased a new Apple Watch Cellular with data plan from O2 last week and it came Friday morning.

I don't seem to be able to get the Cellular data working on the watch. I've activated the plan, but it's just stuck on 'Activating'.

I called 202 over the weekend and factory reset the watch (and they said they reset everything at their end) and tried to re-set it up, but it's still activating.

Spoke to somebody on chat who said they would raise a ticket, but that it will take days... I'm ready to just send the thing back - does anyone have any suggestions?

(Visual Voicemail and WiFi calling are activated and phone and watch are up to date with the latest software version.)

Many thanks

Message 1 of 284
283 REPLIES 283

Nate3
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having the same issue, been stuck on activating for 2 weeks.

Message 271 of 284

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36496 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

No help on here now unfortunately

Either customer service or social media are your only options

As @jonsie says above, @Nate3 - links for O2 on Twitter or Facebook give just below this post 👍

Message 272 of 284

wohstihsyrot
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been trying to get my Apple Watch 7 connected to my O2 account for 11 months now. Was with Tesco Mobile before this and only moved to O2 because Tesco, who use O2's network themselves, don't offer an option for Apple Watch cellular connections.

Having read through all 28 pages of this thread, it seems pretty clear that either O2 don't know what they're doing and are just fobbing people off in the hope they'll be stuck in contract by the time they decide enough is enough, or do know exactly what the problem is and can't fix it. Whichever it is, they clearly aren't up to the job and shouldn't therefore be selling Apple Watches and tariffs at all.

I see someone has tried to raise the issue on Apple Support Community too, without any useful response. So it seems O2 just shrug their shoulders and Apple shrug theirs while they both continue to rake in our cash. Sign of the times, I suppose and will just have to wait until my contract is up and I can go sign up with a proper network provider.

People should know about this watch situation at O2 before they waste their money though.

Message 273 of 284

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36496 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

"People should know about this watch situation at O2 before they waste their money though."

If they do their research well and come here first - and use the Search bar above - they will know, @wohstihsyrot 👍🏼

Message 274 of 284

Esilva
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have been on the “activating” loop for a while now on my apple watch, is there any way to assist on this matter? Thank you

Message 275 of 284

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@EsilvaWe find the best bet is to go instore with ID and let the store manager/staff try and pair the watch. Some have had a lot of luck that way.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 276 of 284

Esilva
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Neither in stores or via phone call I spoke with were able to help as each staff delegates the matter to someone else and could not be bothered. What a waste of time and energy. I was even redirected to sales department when I spoke on the phone, so useless.

Message 277 of 284

Mark1984
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lisa. I am having issues with my Apple Watch data plan. I followed the steps on the app of the paired iPhone, ie chose add data plan, entered username and password for o2 and selected £5 per month rolling data plan. It said it was successful but can take 24 hours to activate, that was 4 days ago. Please help as o2 customer service and o2 store staff have no record of this taking place and are unable to advise me any further

Message 278 of 284

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6798 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@Mark1984 No O2 Staff here anymore, just customers  

Stuck with customer services I'm afraid.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 279 of 284

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6368 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Mark1984 

Have you read all of the Apple Watch posts on this forum? 

And have you tested all of the solutions ? 

There are literally hundreds of posts and dozens of solutions, but unfortunately what works as a solution for one might not work for another - it is completely random. I suggest that you try them all.   

Message 280 of 284