Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not eligible to setup mobile data on Apple Watch

Pixie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have been back and forward countless times with O2 since July and haven’t gotten anywhere.
I bought an Apple Watch back in July but when I set it up it said “Your O2 account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact O2 for more information.” I contacted O2 and they said they had to reset the eSIM and that so had to unpaid the watch and wait 24 hours before setting it back up again. I did this and the same message appeared so I contacted O2 to tell them and again the said the eSIM had to be reset. The eSIM must have been reset about 10 times before I eventually got through to someone who told me that they would send out a new watch. So I sent the watch I had back (Nike Series 5) and in return they sent me a Series 6 as they had none of the watches I had left. It is safe to say that the watch isn’t the issue. So I went back on the phone to O2 and spoke to a woman that said an eSIM would get sent out so I could add a mobile data plan. I have since tried to add this plan and have had no luck. The same message is still there. I have tried everything that I possibly can as I have looked through previous threads etc but I’m now at my wits end and no one at O2 seems to understand what the issue is and keeps doing the same things over and over that clearly don’t work. I can’t add any plans in the actual Apple Watch app because this message is still there. I was hoping someone might be able to help here.

C1FD4D2D-0DE0-414E-AAB6-E28402D2FB74.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

hi @MI5 I will pick this up thanks grin

signature
Message 31 of 85

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @RT123 I will need to private message you to look into issue.

signature
Message 32 of 85

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

Thanks @O2Emma 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 33 of 85

RT123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK great thanks @O2Emma and @MI5 

Message 34 of 85

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

You're welcome @RT123 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 35 of 85

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @RT123 hope you're wellsmiling

Sorry about the late reply, I finish at 2 Tuesday - Friday.

I can see O2Emma has picked up your query, but if you need any more assistance just let me knowslight_smile

Have a lovely day 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 85

Martinch0
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've been having the same issue with my iPhone 12 Pro and Apple Watch 6. I've been in touch with support over twitter, phone, email and I've been through 3 "unpair and wait 24 hours" and one "unpair and wait 48 hours". Nothing helped. With my latest interaction with support being "unpair and wait 24 hours, but this is different than the 4 time you did this before". I have a callback arranged for tomorrow, but this is getting ridiculous. 😞

I've wasted too much time on this, and I've wasted so much of people's time describing the same issue over and over and trying the same fixes.

What's going on? This is happening to a lot of people. And is this going to happen again next time I have to change my sim or upgrade/change my tariff?

Message 37 of 85

Martinch0
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So nobody from O2 can help with this? I've been through a thousand support calls. I've spent more than 10 hours on the phone and nothing? I really don't know why I'm paying for a service I can't use...
Message 38 of 85

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions
Will tag the online gurus to see if they can help @Martinch0.
Can you see if you can work your magic @O2Lisa or @O2Waqas?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 39 of 85

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Yes we can certainly try @gmarkj, thank you for the tag

@Martinch0 Apologies for the inconvenience caused with no data connection on the Apple watch, I will send you a private message so we can look into this further for you 

Thanks 

signature
Message 40 of 85