Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G

Bez89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Maybe a stupid question, but I picked up my iPhone 6 yesterday, and sim swapped to the new 4G sim. However I received a text saying if I'd like to use mobile internet, or picture messaging to call this number. I've been on the 4G set up page, but will not let me click on anything. So will 4G already be set up, or is there something else I need to do. When I turn wifi off it just has the 3G symbol, and I'm in a good 4G area. Any help would be most welcome.
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Thanks for updating - It certainly should have been automatic as you say.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie 

Definately not seamless, as I have just experienced going from 4G -> E when going upstairs to downstairs, then when I came up it was stuck on E until I forcibly turned on Areolane mode and off again

Message 12 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Occasionally when I've made a voice call and my signal drops from 4G to 3G it can take a few seconds to switch back up ,but for the most part everything else is seamless for me.
Message 13 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I gave it 10 mins 😞

Although I am on a site with say 1000 - 2000 people who all have corporate phones on o2. But we do have a mast less than 1 mile away (RG2 area)

I soon finish work here and start in central London by the end of next month, so we will see how that goes!

Message 14 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
I genuinely feel for you.

I hope things do improve.
Message 15 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Look forward to your further update @Anonymous and hopefully better news.

Message 16 of 27

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I will admit that it is indeed a little misleading!

My iPhone 6, 'just works' on 4G, didn't have to enter any special settings or anything however, this morning, I too, received that same text from O2 which said something like, 'If you want to use 4G, you will need to call this number'.

This implies that I need to call the number to get 4G up and running, however, it IS already, up and running?!?!

O2 should really stop sending this out - it is confusing!

On a side note, I am highly impressed with 4G so far! I am getting 4G in central London where I work (EC4N postcode), however, I also get it where I live too - Sanderstead (CR2 postcode), which is on the border of South Croydon - really wasn't expecting 4G in that area as its just a residential town and not very big and not a very built up area either, so well done O2 for that!!!!

Message 17 of 27

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@DinoF  you can get it in Warlingham too (even more rural), just not in Tandridge where my OH lives, not on any network slight_frown

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 18 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another confused.com here as i received that message too, thought I would check on here to see what others had to say, pleased I did. 

Message 19 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
And welcome to the forum slight_smile
Message 20 of 27