Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G

Bez89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Maybe a stupid question, but I picked up my iPhone 6 yesterday, and sim swapped to the new 4G sim. However I received a text saying if I'd like to use mobile internet, or picture messaging to call this number. I've been on the 4G set up page, but will not let me click on anything. So will 4G already be set up, or is there something else I need to do. When I turn wifi off it just has the 3G symbol, and I'm in a good 4G area. Any help would be most welcome.
Message 1 of 27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If your on a 4g tariff, 4g SIM card and compatible phone then as long as your in a 4G area it will just work.

Check if 4g works in your area here http://status.o2.co.uk

Is the 4g in your phones status bar ?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If your on a 4g tariff, 4g SIM card and compatible phone then as long as your in a 4G area it will just work.

Check if 4g works in your area here http://status.o2.co.uk

Is the 4g in your phones status bar ?
Message 2 of 27

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Ah right cheers bandofbrothers, when I turned wifi before, it had 3G in the status bar, the changed to 4g for a second. Then back again, so maybe it's just where I am, it can be a bit hit and miss the signal in our house.
Message 3 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly slight_smile

Check your full postcode in the link and it will tell you what 4g is like in your area.
Message 4 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar situation.

Ensure your 4G switch is turned on in Mobile Data. Lol I almost walked into o2 to complain and I realised it wasn't even turned on

Secondly since it has bene on, sometimes somewhere I have had 4G, all of a sudden has 3G only. I still think it is something glitchy with the iPhone, because sometimes I will be in somewhere with Edge, then go to a 3G area, but I sitll can't get any data connection unless I forcibly go into Aeroplane mode then back out again.

Message 5 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 27

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Managed to sort it now, thank you all for your help.
Message 7 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're Welcome. slight_smile
Message 8 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Bez89 wrote:
Managed to sort it now, thank you all for your help.

Let us know how as it may help someone else with the same problem........?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 27

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
It was an error on o2's part, spoke to a lady who said the set up message had been sent by mistake, apparently it's happened to quite a few people who have upgraded to the iPhone 6. It does it automatically when you swap to the 4G sim. Thanks again for all your help.
Message 10 of 27