4G available on iPhone 5s/5c

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Got some great news folks,

The glorious 4G is now available for iPhone 5s & iPhone 5c. All you need is a 4G tariff, coverage and settings. More info here!

Would love to hear some thoughts/ comments from you lovely iPhone 5s/5c owners...If you're thinking why 4G, what are the advantages, how it can benefit you or anything related to 4G? You can take part in our 'Virtual Interview' session by posting a question about 4G here.

#O24G

Cheers

Abs 

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
I concur.

Enough customers have to feed this back tho.

Message 21 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Feel your frustration.

I read an earlier thread where the 2g option had been removed.

I'm still trying to work that one out.

Have you provided feedback to the network about this update ?

A quick poll of villagers via FB and it seems the local mast is offline for whatever reason. Hoping it's just temporary, but you may recall another thread where I expressed doubts that this mast could survive any rationalisation

At the moment more concerned about the mast problem than the removal of the 2g option on the iphone, but will certainly be on to CS

Message 22 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still seeing 3G alongside the signal strength, having accepted the settings shouldn't I be seeing 4G - I live in a 4G 'good outdoors, ok indoors' area.

Message 23 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm still seeing 3G alongside the signal strength, having accepted the settings shouldn't I be seeing 4G - I live in a 4G 'good outdoors, ok indoors' area.

In theory yes.

I live in a 'good outdoors and indoors' coverage area for 3G and 2G, but only ever get 2 bars of 2G, sometimes no service at all!

Message 24 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took the phone over to the windows and it now shows 4G slight_smile

But the 5S has been generally faster than my 5 today whilst out and about anyway.

Message 25 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I took the phone over to the windows and it now shows 4G slight_smile

But the 5S has been generally faster than my 5 today whilst out and about anyway.

Would expect indoor would be ok, O2 went for the 800Mhz band to enable better indoor coverage.  Hoping it sorts my indoor connection thats for sure lol

Message 26 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get just one or two bar signal at the moment (but I have a long narrow living room and I am seated as far away from the window as I could be, in a tower block so I am not surprised the signal is not great - I use wi fi here anyway so not a problem.

The true test of the speed for me will be when out and about rather than at home where I connect to wi fi, as I guess it will be for most users.

Message 27 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I get just one or two bar signal at the moment (but I have a long narrow living room and I am seated as far away from the window as I could be, in a tower block so I am not surprised the signal is not great - I use wi fi here anyway so not a problem.

The true test of the speed for me will be when out and about rather than at home where I connect to wi fi, as I guess it will be for most users.

Yep that is very true indeed.

Message 28 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had the carrier settings updated on my 5s this morning and I'm getting an "enable 4g" toggle option, however I didn't take out a 4g tariff. Is this just a blanket O2 upgrade?
Message 29 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just had the carrier settings updated on my 5s this morning and I'm getting an "enable 4g" toggle option, however I didn't take out a 4g tariff. Is this just a blanket O2 upgrade?

I assume so.

If you didnt take out a 4g tariff and are not using a 4g sim then No you wont be able to attain the speeds.

Message 30 of 49