4G available on iPhone 5s/5c

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Got some great news folks,

The glorious 4G is now available for iPhone 5s & iPhone 5c. All you need is a 4G tariff, coverage and settings. More info here!

Would love to hear some thoughts/ comments from you lovely iPhone 5s/5c owners...If you're thinking why 4G, what are the advantages, how it can benefit you or anything related to 4G? You can take part in our 'Virtual Interview' session by posting a question about 4G here.

#O24G

Cheers

Abs 

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in a 2g only area, and the option to disable 3g has gone; only option is to enable/disable 4g Smiley Frustrated

Was that due to a recent software update on your phone ?

Message 11 of 49

RueDrBouree
  • 45 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Thats the same as EE on iPhone. Once LTE/4G is activated on the handset you no longer have the option to turn 3G off. So if you are in an area with little to no usable 3G you are sort of a bit stuck.
Been an O2 customer (off and on) since 1995
Message 12 of 49

RueDrBouree
  • 45 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Ok I know its only just happened but currently on the sim only tariff's it still says 4G on O2 not currently available for iPhone 5s/c.

Been an O2 customer (off and on) since 1995
Message 13 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

crumbs nearly wet myself  - what a suprise was expecting end of October god knowas why - you really do notice the differents in downloading. Thanks O2 msade my weekend slight_smile

lee

Message 14 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

crumbs nearly wet myself  - what a suprise was expecting end of October god knowas why - you really do notice the differents in downloading. Thanks O2 msade my weekend slight_smile

lee

Oh go on rub it in !!

Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in a 2g only area, and the option to disable 3g has gone; only option is to enable/disable 4g Smiley Frustrated

Was that due to a recent software update on your phone ?

yes - the carrier settings update. I'm not even in a scheduled 4g area (yet). Strangely signal has been erratic here for a few hours now (usually a full 5 bar 2g) I hope they haven't turned the local mast off (which is 2g only but very close). It feels as if the phone is trying to latch on to the signal from the next mast along, and failing miserably.  O2 is/was? the only carrier with a decent service here. slight_frown

Message 16 of 49

feemcbee
  • 18 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Checked the website and it says there's a good service, including 4G, in my area. Ha. Yeah, right.

Message 17 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Feel your frustration.

I read an earlier thread where the 2g option had been removed.

I'm still trying to work that one out.

Have you provided feedback to the network about this update ?
Message 18 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm. Coverage checker shows a mast on one the next street to me. Suggest I should get 4g but not so far
Message 19 of 49

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144383 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Removing the 2g only option is a serious mistake imho....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 49