cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Simplicity for iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if I have missed this, but will o2 be offering the 4G Sim only package. Currently it says not avalible for iPhone? But clearly they have an o2 refresh iPhone package...

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked about this in an O2 shop - the assistant said that there's definitely a 4G bolt-on for existing 3G Simplicity customers and it was the best way to go to try out 4G.  I duly ordered a 4G sim but have since found out that my 3G Simplicity is "too old".  Clearly the reason isn't technical, I've been fobbed off because my contract has unlimited data and 4G upgrade is a convenient means whereby O2 can get people off these old accounts.

I thought the opportunity to try 4G without risking losing my unlimited data was too good to be true - see item 2:

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/4g-access-bolt-on-terms-and-conditions

Once again long-time customers are skewered - years ago I left Orange to come to O2 for a similar reason (I'd been with them since phones were the size of house-bricks).  What price loyalty!?

Message 11 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called O2.

There is no "4G Bolt On" (that's what I was told but I'm sure someone will come along and say there is).

It seems that the 4G Simplicty tariffs for iPhone (which on the O2 site is greyed as not an option previously quoted by the original poster) are available for iPhone. Perhaps the O2 site has not been updated since the settings were approved by Apple on Friday AIUI.

My new 4G tariff for iPhone starts tomorrow for the same monthly cost as I currently pay and I get a total of 5GB 4G data (I presently get 2GB on 3G).

So far so good but I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow I switch on my phone and have no service at all.

Message 12 of 48

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Legacy tariffs with unlimited data would be lost if switching to 4G. You would have to switch tariff in order to get 4G, one reason I'll be sticking with my unlimited data and 3G.

Message 13 of 48

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I agree, you can't start tweaking old obsolete tariffs to turn them into new ones.

I'm quite happy with my unlimited tariff and will stick with it, if I need 4G in the future I will have to take up a new tariff which has always been the case.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

bandofbrothers wrote:

No tcurently for the iPhone Lee

Confused now I have the following tariff for my iPhone 5S:

My tariff name

O2 4G simplicity Unlimited 12 month

Lee

Message 15 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

in the bolt on summary i have 

5GB UK Data for iPhone£5.00 per monthActiveNo end dat

Lee

Message 16 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confusing the heck out of me too !

However it does state that its not available on the iPhone 02 4G on the sim only tariff.

Message 17 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
My O2 has been updated and I have the same as uklee including the iPhone 4G Bolt On.

And the O2 site still shows not available for iPhone so as I said earlier, maybe its just their website which now needs updating.
Message 18 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Confusing the heck out of me too !

However it does state that its not available on the iPhone 02 4G on the sim only tariff.

When I phoned O2, I they knew I was a Simplicity owner, and I told them I had an iPhone 5 and was about to get a 5s

At no point did they tell me it was not available for iPhone

I have the bolt-on on my existing tarrif, and will await delivery of my 5s next week before I check it all works (I have the new sim in the current phone, just not enabled the 4G part yet)

Message 19 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My O2 has been updated and I have the same as uklee including the iPhone 4G Bolt On.

And the O2 site still shows not available for iPhone so as I said earlier, maybe its just their website which now needs updating.

@Toby can you take a look at this please.

Message 20 of 48