cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Simplicity for iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if I have missed this, but will o2 be offering the 4G Sim only package. Currently it says not avalible for iPhone? But clearly they have an o2 refresh iPhone package...

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do ask myself do O2 actually know how to run a company where customers are kept happy.

Called O2 three times about iPhone 4g sim only. I'm currently on the original iPhone plan with unlimited data. I was told on one call I needed to get a refresh contract even though I have a 5s, second call told me to check back Monday and tonight I'm told it will be a £5 bolt on 4g sim only smartphone tariff.

So confusing
Message 21 of 48

RueDrBouree
  • 45 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi

I asked via online chat if I could have the £5 4G bolt on. First advisor said yes and then after looking at my account for a few mins said that I needed to change from a 30 day sim only to a one year tariff and then they could add the 4G bolt on. However she said that I needed to change the tariff via my o2 then contact them again to get the 4G bolt on added.

I ended the conversation and went to do this, then worried that I never asked if I could swap to any of the 1 year sim only contracts or if it had to be over a set level. 

So I contacted O2 via online chat again. This conversation lasted over an hour. This time I was told that as I was on a 30 day sim only tariff and changed to this 3 months ago I would have to wait another 3 months before I could change the plan. I explained that this didn't make any sense I can change the tariff online now and whats the point of a 30 day plan if you are stuck with it for 6 months. The person I was talking to just said "it makes perfect sense". I thought that was down right rude. This advisor also didn't seam to know about a 4G add on and kept saying that he couldn't change me onto a 4G tariff.

Might try by phone today or just leave it until O2 staff are full aware of what to do.

Alex

Been an O2 customer (off and on) since 1995
Message 22 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of interest does any know if the agents receive a bonus for those customers who upgrade their tariff or choose to have a bolton added?

Above we have two people who have received really bad advice and information. I thinky uo have to maybe look at the web site and then call them and stand your ground with what you require. It seem the agents dont have any idea what on offer

Lee

Message 23 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Online Live Chat are non uk outsourced call centres. I doubt they will be on a bonus to open contracts.

Most Call Centre Staff are challenged to answer so many calls per whatever.
Message 24 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this whole play in the dark is the route for o2 from now on. In theory the iPhone 4G Simplicity tariff should have been live from the day the o2 4G update went out.

I would have like to think that o2 would concentrate on retention and customer service considering the amount of networks offering 4G now and some with better handset offers. The fact they cant even get their story right is the saddest thing! It isnt like nobody knew the iPhone was due out. Meanwhile I get text after text from o2 moments and other o2 products, that offer a much better way of communication.

They just look like a set of muppets right now, and thats not a compliment!

Message 25 of 48

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I'll try and get some clarification on this for you.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 26 of 48

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys, A little update on this:

The simplicity deal is available but the page wasn't updated in time. It will be very soon though. The team asked me to thank you guys for flagging it, so well done for that!

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity/SmartPhone/?is4G=true

Also, you can add a 4G £5 access Bolt On via MyO2 if you're on a compatible tariff. The full details of this can be found in the Terms & Conditions here:

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/4g-access-bolt-on-terms-and-conditions

Hope that helps!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 27 of 48

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The first link still says "iPhone (not available for O2 4G)".

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 28 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 4G simplicity tariff is still not showing online, thought I would call up to see if they can add it. I was told they do not have any such offers and refered them to this thread... they still had no idea.

Another thought if anyone can help, how does the data offer work with a 4G simplicity tariff. It says get 8GB for the price of 5GB or 5GB for the price of 3GB but they do not sell 3GB?

Why does it take so long to update a website and system to allow people to order it when so many people have purchased sim free handsets directly from Apple...

Message 29 of 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147098 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
After Oct the 8gb will drop to 5 and the 5bg will drop to 3.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 30 of 48