cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G and data connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

Living in the Edinburgh area having problems with data connection with my iphone both data and 3G never seen 3G sign on my phone Everything is switched on When I access internet works very slow cannot access app store unless on wifi Tried switching off all sevices and resetting no help and switching phone off New to iphone seems great for calls but no data connection 

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
It's an app that will allow you to make calls over wifi regardless of phone signal. So as long as you are connected to wifi you can make and receive calls.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Have you got 3G enabled and what tariff / apn have you got set?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried turning 3G on & off, airplane mode on & off, you may not be in a good area for 3G or maybe people are hogging it, check the O2 coverage checker for 3G in your area

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got 3G set what do u mean by tarrif /apn have 1 gig of data works fine wireless
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is The Works for iPhone your APN should be set to idata.o2.co.uk

If it is just The Works, your APN should be mobile.co.uk

Check which bolton it is on MYO2?

Message 5 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Are you on the iphone data bolton? Pay monthly or Pay as you go

Apn idata.o2.co.uk (iphone tariff)

Apn mobile.o2.co.uk (non iphone tariff)

Apn payandgo.o2.co.uk (payg iphone)

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just been checking on the area coverage just have 2g coverage both here and at my work a bit poor really okay 4 calls and text but not much else
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
You will be able to benefit from TuGo when it gets eventually released.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
What's TuGo?
Message 9 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

An o2 app that will allow calls via home / free wifi

Just search the forum tu go and there are a few threads about it

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 12