cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 and it's network

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have been with O2 many years and i have a very good old tariff the one with the unlimited data and 4:1 ratio for mms and roaming texts. the problem is the network coverage at home has reduce dramatically usually 3 bars max on 3g on my iphone now it's none existent and i have switched to 2g to get signal but even then it's 3 bars and sometimes call's fail i have spoke to o2 many times over this but not one person has responded so i think it's time to jump ship . T mobile doing good deals at the moment.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23531 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i have been with O2 many years and i have a very good old tariff the one with the unlimited data and 4:1 ratio for mms and roaming texts. the problem is the network coverage at home has reduce dramatically usually 3 bars max on 3g on my iphone now it's none existent and i have switched to 2g to get signal but even then it's 3 bars and sometimes call's fail i have spoke to o2 many times over this but not one person has responded so i think it's time to jump ship . T mobile doing good deals at the moment.

It would be a shame for you to lose your unlimited data. It's something O2 will probably never offer again. I presume you've checked that T-Mobile's coverage is good in your area.

If you can hang in there a while, O2 are currently trialling an app called TuGo, which will enable you to make calls over your home WiFi. I don't think it will be too long before it's available to everyone. You might want to think about jumping ship too soon.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Can I have your old tariff when you leave please wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is a great tariff just a shame about o2 signal
and it's got 30% f&f discount too
800 minutes
1600 roaming or mms so 400 a month
unlimited data for under £15 a month
when i do leave i will pm you it will be soon.
with the data it's about 4gb a month before you get a o2 message to slow down.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
If its an iPhone 5 you have there are others that are reporting similar issues. There is a thread running further down the page. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-5-reception/td-p/310182
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23531 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It would be a shame for you to lose your unlimited data. It's something O2 will probably never offer again. I presume you've checked that T-Mobile's coverage is good in your area.

If you can hang in there a while, O2 are currently trialling an app called TuGo, which will enable you to make calls over your home WiFi. I don't think it will be too long before it's available to everyone. You might want to think about jumping ship too soon.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Start a bidding frenzy for your tariff !

Which iPhone are you using ?

If you put your sim into an alternative handset whats the coverage then ?
Message 6 of 6