cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

micro sim woes

Anonymous
Not applicable

thought I was being efficient and ordering myself a microsim for the iphone4 I have been given, but it seems that I was registering a swap instead - and my phone current sim will be U/S within 30 mins!

I couldn't find a way to stop it happening - any advice please?

Cheers

Dee

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If they haven't been given the new SSID then they can't transfer the number. Maybe it's an auto-generated response but best to call customer service to verify before any disconnection can take place.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

what details did you put in for the micro sim ssid?

best to ring customer services

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your reply.

I didnt, thats why I couldnt understand it telling me my current sim would no longer be active in half an hour!

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If they haven't been given the new SSID then they can't transfer the number. Maybe it's an auto-generated response but best to call customer service to verify before any disconnection can take place.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your response.

I did ring customer services, who started out more unhelpful than the online bods (who knew that was even possible!), but eventually was put through to someone who was able to confirm it was a glitch, and nothing to worry about!

To save further 'glitches', I thought it best to drive 20 miles to the nearest store to get the sim - explained what was required, and they tried to sell me a £10 top up sim! Given that i had been trying to sort this out since 8am, and had wasted my day off because of it, I was getting very close to losing the plot!

Finally a very nice lad called Danny, sorted the whole thing out for me in a matter or minutes!

I have to tell you, if I wasnt a PAYG customer, I would be shifting my account elsewhere slight_frown

thanks again for your support

Dee

Message 5 of 5