Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@BOSSGOGG wrote:
@SteveadsNo. WiFi calling is only using the "phone" function as normal when you have no cell signal. ( and normal sms text)

Any other app is not effected.

Definitely would not affect any other apps. 

Message 11 of 55

RichardC
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Chris, a quick correction if I may...the P30 pro does support wifi calling. The facility has been disabled in o2 carrier specific settings. Please can you give whoever is responsible for turning it on...a sharp poke in the ribs and ask them to get on with it.... thanks
Message 12 of 55

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@RichardC good luck with that... there are a lot of phones out there which support WiFi and 4G Calling but for whatever reason O2 have yet to enable them, and they don't appear to be in any hurry to do so.

They kind of remind me of AT&T in the US, they are the same, they have a set list of 70ish handsets which are supported.

Yet other networks including others in the UK (cough EE cough) allow it providing the phone supports
Message 13 of 55

TheChef
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Even My old Huawei P9 had WiFi and 4g calling and that handset is ancient! I don't understand how o2 can't have a timescale to enable this.... unless there is no plan!
Message 14 of 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@TheChef wrote:
.... unless there is no plan!

Image result for hit nail on head

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 55

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@RichardC wrote:
Hi Chris, a quick correction if I may...the P30 pro does support wifi calling. The facility has been disabled in o2 carrier specific settings. Please can you give whoever is responsible for turning it on...a sharp poke in the ribs and ask them to get on with it.... thanks

The hardware may support it, but it's not currently supported on O2 which is where my previous 'not supported' comments came from. My apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

Sadly it's not an easy or simple case of 'turning it on'. The functionality needs to be implemented network side for it to be supported and every device has a different implementation of the technology, and our Wifi Calling implementation may be different to another networks.

I do however have some good news to share, but as we've had so many different threads on Wifi Calling for these devices, I've created a new thread (oh the irony...) for maximum visibility.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 16 of 55

bgeorge983
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Chris any progress on the wifi calling on the P30 pro, ive made contact with all the other providers, 3 mobile, EE and Vodaphone have this available for all their customers, cant believe that one of the biggest providers like o2 dont have this issue solved as yet.

after 16 odd years with o2, they do seem to be lagging behind the other providers on this, might be time to switch networks.

Message 17 of 55

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Chris_K I too would be keen to know if there is any progression on this?

Also do you know when we can expect the next update(s) as the last received security update was August...
Message 18 of 55

JimBobFlobbaDob
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
There's zero progress and they don't intend to ever add it also volte is missing despite it being supported
Message 19 of 55

JimBobFlobbaDob
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Emui 10/android 10 is confirmed for the p30 pro by the end of nov by Huawei but as for o2 pushing it we may see it late 2020 as they only seem to care about Samsung and apple users on their network
Message 20 of 55