cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy y

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone is saying too many pattern attempts and asking for email and password but son has forgotten email address that he has used ??

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Access to the Gmail account via the web is the workaround to a forgotten or 'too many attempts' pattern lock, so if the Gmail account has been forgotten too then life gets very complicated.  If it helps your son only has to remember the name and password he chose as the email address will always be the name followed by @gmail.com and the password.

A very remote chance workaround depends on whether Skype was being used on your phone..?  If 'yes' I'll let you know the details as I'd need to dig them out.  BUT see if your son can remember the Gmail account and password first.  Otherwise if Skype doesn't help then you'll have to factory reset (you won't lose any files/photos you've created but you WILL lose all settings/texts.

Jonty.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only way I'm aware to resolve this is to factory reset the phone, a gmail account is required to be set up on android phones in case the PIN/Pattern is forgotten to reset it.

I'd probably recommend speaking to samsung them self to see if they have anyway around this.

If that fails they can let you know how to reset the phone, with this you would loose information stored on there unless you've backed it up!

Hope this helps
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Access to the Gmail account via the web is the workaround to a forgotten or 'too many attempts' pattern lock, so if the Gmail account has been forgotten too then life gets very complicated.  If it helps your son only has to remember the name and password he chose as the email address will always be the name followed by @gmail.com and the password.

A very remote chance workaround depends on whether Skype was being used on your phone..?  If 'yes' I'll let you know the details as I'd need to dig them out.  BUT see if your son can remember the Gmail account and password first.  Otherwise if Skype doesn't help then you'll have to factory reset (you won't lose any files/photos you've created but you WILL lose all settings/texts.

Jonty.

Message 3 of 3