cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

playing music

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can i stream music from Google play on my phone (Samsung ace) on my car stereo? I've got a Hyundai i10 active. thanks.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear MI5

Customers like me would be lost without customers like you!

I am not sure what is going on with my memory.  My internal memory has only google play and music and one other app and yet is nearly full - 120 mb out of 180 mb.  Everytime I put an app on my micro SD memory card it uses memory off my internal memory.  I don't understand this either!  Carphone Warehouse suggested there may be a fault with my phone but I have yet to make it to 02 to get their opinion.  For this reason I do not like this phone at all - and the fact it is fairly big heavy and thick but that is by the by.

I would like a new thinner lighter phone with more memory but I cannot afford one right now as I have just lost my job.  No point us discussing this until the time comes - unless you can recommend a better phone at a cheap price for what I want - unlikely I know! (I have just connected to Pay and Go Go so no contracts for me and not keen on them anyway).

Would it be simpler in the short term to just put the songs on an MP3 play with a USB port and use that in my car?  They are currently in itunes but backed up on a memory stick.  Can I just use the memory stick in my USB port?  Would the dire warnings re connecting/disconnecting USB devices then apply as it is not just an auxiliary jack?

It would be simpler to keep all my music on my phone really if I could just put my music on my phone - particularly as I want to switch from itunes to Goole Play - not just because it is cheaper but also because I prefer it.  Any reason why Google Play is a bad idea?!  Given that I thought I could stream relatively cheaply!

THANKS!

SUE

Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Strewth....is it still Easter over there?

Only until tomorrow 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Logic CS

Very grateful for any input.

Not sure what the difference is between aux in and USB exactly as a newcomer to all of this.

I think I have both - but will have to buy the lead.

However, I have as you will see got a memory problem with my Samsung Galaxy Ace (see my other post - too much to repeat!).

Cheers.

SUE

Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Sue, the problem is the Ace only has a small internal memory. It's not a fault, it's not a high end phone designed for many apps and functions - just basic calls and texts really.

You can use your USB stick, no problem, but I would connect it after you have started the engine amd disconnect it before switching off as power "spikes" can cause damage, but only to the stick, not the vehicle.

Google play is a great idea and I use it all the time but only on wifi or with my PAYG SIM that gives unlimited data (not something that O2 offer anymore). If you are willing to change you could switch to Giffgaff (part of O2) who offer unlimited data for £12 a month http://giffgaff.com/index/offer. This way you can stream all the Google music you like.

As for a better phone, I would suggest you look in your local CEX (http://uk.webuy.com/) for a Galaxy S or S2. Both are relatively cheap these days and are great phones. Just make sure you get an O2 or unlocked one.

HTH slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear MI5

I think you have found the solution to all my problems!

Thank you so much.  I spent the whole of last night looking at the web trying to work all of this out and I had no idea I would get such a super response from the 02 forum.

THANKS!

Message 15 of 17

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Some brilliant advice here from MI5 (and LogicCS ;)), well done!

Glad you're sorted Sue.

FYI, I'll change the 'Acepted Solution' tag to fit one of MI5's as the helpful answer is the one the tag should be on. I hope that makes sense!

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 17

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Happy to help Sue (and thanks Toby ;))

Currently using:
Message 17 of 17