cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 sim card is not working in my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone

I was wondering if I could get some help.

I have Samsung tablet Galaxy 10.1 3G and I bought business sim card for a mobile broadband for it last Thursday.

I insert the card into tablet and its just not working (tablet doesnt recognize it).

I was told on the phone by o2 that the sim card is working. 

I dont know what Im doing wrong. I did restart tablet with or without card and then insert it bus nothing seem to work.

Thanks in advance

Mini Mo

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive already did that but it only asks me to insert the sim card...

Message 11 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23144 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive already did that but it only asks me to insert the sim card...

You already did what? If it's asking you to insert the sim card, you may be inserting it the wrong way.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144642 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Sounds like either your putting the sim in the wrong way or the tab is faulty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im putting the sim in correct way (checked it online). I have inserted it when tablet was turned off and no results either.

There is only one thing Im not sure of. It says on the interent that Samsung Galaxy 10.1 uses micro sim cards but the o2 guru told me that it uses normal size, mobile phone size card (the same micro sim card was shown on the online video). Could this be the problem?

Message 14 of 23

MI5
  • 144642 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
It uses a mini sim which is pretty much the most common size of sim out there. Not a micro like the s3 or a nano like the iphone 5.

What size sim do you have?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the standard one with micro one inside (I can just break it to the smaller size) 

I have just reseted tablet to the factory settings. I will check if this will work

Message 16 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23144 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

I've looked at the specs online and it takes a mini sim, so yes, that's most likely the problem you're having if you're trying to use a standard sized sim. You can't 'just break' the sim. You can damage it if it's not cut properly.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

so reseting tablet didnt help, still the same....

I have card like this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31VW5SRXSSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And it does say on the leaflet that its a standard one and the micro sim

Message 18 of 23

MI5
  • 144642 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Yes, some sim's come pre cut so you can break out the micro sim, but you need the bigger mini sim anyway. If you're sure it's in the correct way I'd first try another sim then take the tab back to where you got it to be looked at.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for help. I will have to go to o2 store and maybe check if the card will work in other tablet. If yes, then its my tablet and I will have to send it back to Amazon 😞

Message 20 of 23