cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 says my phone is stolen and barred

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have purchased a new phone from the o2 shop, but it will not connect to 02 . After speaking to live chat , on and off for 3 days, they tell me the phone is stolen and barred, this is impossible. What do i do now?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23230 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

That's why I asked the OP who the seller was, and why they were emailing them. If it was O2 they would have just purchased the phone through the O2 website. Something's not right here.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's hope they haven't been a victim and they have used the O2 store to Purchase the phone which I hope was the high street version or official online version.
Message 12 of 34

Bambino
  • 23230 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

I have a feeling that's not the case here, but we're only speculating until the OP confirms where he actually bought the phone from.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

I have a feeling that's not the case here, but we're only speculating until the OP confirms where he actually bought the phone from.

Very true.

Time to adhere to Community Rule 5.

Message 14 of 34

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I wonder if it is the phone or the sim that is blocked/barred.  It may be nothing to do with the phone if it is the sim that is the issue.

We will have to wait for the OP to update us/provide us more information.

Message 15 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its lwcmobile ebay user name. they have a chain of 6 o2 shops in Northern Ireland. I bought it from them because it was good price £144.
Message 16 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have spoke to o2 again this morning, and now they are saying the phone is not stolen/barred its something to do with GPRS settings. why they have to say so many different things to me I do not know.I already informed ebay phone was stolen and opened a case .but now it seems o2 were lying to me
Message 17 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

So you haven't bought the phone directly from o2 store but eBay?

Numerous people sell their phones on ebay etc and after the sale report them stolen.

Let's hope eBay will rule in your favour.

Message 18 of 34

Bambino
  • 23230 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have spoke to o2 again this morning, and now they are saying the phone is not stolen/barred its something to do with GPRS settings. why they have to say so many different things to me I do not know.I already informed ebay phone was stolen and opened a case .but now it seems o2 were lying to me

Buying from a legitimate O2 store and buying something on eBay are two different things. If O2 are now telling you that the phone isn't stolen/barred, have they reinstated things for you and can you now use the phone?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
no it still does not work, for the first 3 days they said it was because mast is down, then said it was stolen, now its GRPS settings and I have to switch phone off for 24 hours..
Message 20 of 34