cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 repairs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had experiences like this from O2 repairs????

I sent my Xperia X5 to be repaired as I was having problems accessing anything at all, it came back unrepaired stating it was 'physically damaged' and is not covered by my warranty and they are unable to repair under the manufacturers guidelines.

They gave me a list of things that I could do i.e insurance, upgrade if contract was coming to the end, money back from recycling the phone or discounted refurbished phone, well rather than take their word for it, I inserted the sim card and everything works fine although I have lost all my contacts, photos etc as I could not download them prior to sending them off.

All very strange!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

This is typical of Anova. If you put Anova into the search box you will see 100's of complaints about the company...With hindsight you would have been better sending it to Sony. You could complain via this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 28

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Might be the odd one out here, but i sent an s6 edge for repair early January and it came back in good working order. Though maybe they were all still in a jolly mood.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anovo strikes again. O2 look at your repair company
Message 4 of 28

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
Might be the odd one out here, but i sent an s6 edge for repair early January and it came back in good working order. Though maybe they were all still in a jolly mood.

Already had the Christmas party. Now collecting funds again!

Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to O2 complaints after posting this, apparently I have to ignore the statement of unable to repair due to physical damage as that was wrong, they tell me I have a blacklisted phone and to contact Sony, which of course I did, they said can you do anything on your phone, I replied yes I am talking to you on it, Sony said It can not be blacklisted then as you would not be able to do anything on it at all. They asked me what the original problem was and told me that it could have been sorted by some one telling me the process over the phone

Message 6 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I spoke to O2 complaints after posting this, apparently I have to ignore the statement of unable to repair due to physical damage as that was wrong, they tell me I have a blacklisted phone and to contact Sony, which of course I did, they said can you do anything on your phone, I replied yes I am talking to you on it, Sony said It can not be blacklisted then as you would not be able to do anything on it at all. They asked me what the original problem was and told me that it could have been sorted by some one telling me the process over the phone

So have Sony told you how to sort it @Anonymous? (Very confusing info from O2 by the way)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Blacklisted. That's a new one

Message 8 of 28

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Sounds like a Live Chat response but SDJ says they spoke to O2 Complaints !!!
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 10 of 28