Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number some how getting past blacklist to voicemail

Owl20
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so i have this robo number that spams my phone everyday 3 times in a row each time multiple times a day. i had the number blocked and it blocked all the calls but after an update the number started to call me again , the number when it calls does not show a notification but now somehow gets past the block and gets sent to voicemail ( it does block maybe one of the calls if im lucky). i have call forwarding set to only go to voicemail when unanswered so im just confused what is happening, any help would be appreciated. The phone is a hauwei, thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Owl20  Did you check to make sure the block was still in place after the update? A blocked number shouldn't get diverted to voicemail. Have you spoken to customer service? https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201416

O2 will allow you one free number change if it gets too out of hand for you. A drastic thing to do, and also a pain notifying everyone, but maybe your only option.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Owl20
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

yep i have check several times also unblocked it, reblocked it. I spoke to them once when i had my old phone which they only told me i could change my number, but i changed my call forwarding settings and that help. but yh not sure what the lastest update did to it to make it stop working now does not even block reject the call since the call log shows it rings for 20 seconds 😕  some how just goes to unanswered 

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Owl20  Huawei isn't exactly flavour of the month these days in a lot of circles, so it may have something to do with their update. You're probably going to have to get back on to customer service again.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Owl20 

Try using an app such as TrueCaller which usually does a better job of blocking calls.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Owl20
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok so alittle update , I'm now pretty sure the call forwarding feature is messed up, I downloaded Truecaller and the rejected number still got sent to voicemail, I have call forwarding set to only go to voicemail when unanswered... Now I have no clue how to fix this other than turning off my voicemail. Maybe will have to wait for an update but will see what the live chat will say
Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Owl20 

Help on VM codes here Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Owl20 , hope you had a nice weekend! I'd be interested in hearing how you're getting on with this and if you made any progress with customer service? slight_smile

Cheers for all the troubleshooting and advice above guys! 

Message 8 of 8