cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no support from a Guru!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, MY name is Chris Brandon..

I have just concluded my previous contract with O2 with a fully paid off Samsung S4 mini 19195.  This phone needed replacing and because my usage has dropped I decided to change tariff as well to a sim-only contract.

I have bought a Wileyfox Swift android running cyanogen and while the the new sim works perfectly in the old phone it is not recognised in the wileyfox phone.  Message is "No SIM card - emergency calls only".

I had a most unsatisfactory on-line chat to a "guru" yesterday who assured me that she had reprgogrammed the new SIM and changed a "bolton" to enable it to work on the new phone within 24 hours. NADA.  nothing and this is now 26 hours.  Can anyone help or offer advice?  Wileyfox say this is not a problem with the phone.

Help please...... My old phone is most unreliable now and I need to be contactable at all times for medical reasons...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous do you live close to any O2 stores? as it may be worth visiting them and requesting a new SIM card. No SIM Card usually means the phone cannot detect the inserted SIM card, this could be anything from the SIM is damaged to it just needing cleaning and re-inserting.

Try wiping the gold contacts of the SIM and see if that helps.

O2 shouldn't have to make any changes to the SIM to make it work with your new phone, providing the phone you have bought supports the same frequencies O2 operates on it should connect fine, and then you just have to check APN settings etc.
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
There is no need to change the bolt on so god knows what it's been changed to?
You just need standard data and if your sim is inserted correctly, it will work "straight out of the box".
I would try another sim in the phone to confirm that it isn't faulty or that sim is correctly inserted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
I've also just noticed the phone supports dual SIM, just check you've inserted the SIM into the correct line (line 1 if you only have 1 SIM)
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Please follow the advice given to you by @MI5. I would also suggest that if you have any problems in the future, either call customer service and speak to someone, or come here to the forum where there are many knowledgeable people. As a general rule, we never recommend Live Chat.

Edit: Also, if you put the phone into this website you will see that it should work fine on O2:

http://willmyphonework.net/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous has this issue been resolved for you yet? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6