Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new handset and not receiving calls or texts

dic
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone was stolen on holiday and O2 at my request put a bar on it. I returned home to new handset (Pixel8) and sim card. Installed the card but realised the bars are still in place and requested removal - told it could take 24hrs. I was able to make calls and use data but after 30hrs+ still no sms or receiving calls. Tried the sim in another phone etc, no change. O2 say it's working fine. Ask for an esim to see if that sorts it - another 24hrs of no phone as this time they deactivate my physical sim immediately and I wait for an email wtih a QR code for esim which never comes. Check the O2 app tonight and the esim is there (no email as I was told would happen) so download it and same issue - no incoming calls or texts. How can this still be possible? I been waiting over an hour every eve on live chat and 24hrs for a response via Twitter and getting nowhere. I've now been without a working phone since Monday evening and this is my business phone! My only remaining option seems to be to go to a shop tomorrow but is there anything else I can try on the handset?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@dic 

You could try resetting your network settings but ultimately it sounds like something not set correctly on your account.

They usually bar both the sim and account so get them to check.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@dic 

You could try resetting your network settings but ultimately it sounds like something not set correctly on your account.

They usually bar both the sim and account so get them to check.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2