cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network disabled because internet connection is slow - S3 upgraded to 4.3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently upgraded my S3 to 4.3 and everything appeared to be fine.then today my phone won't connect to wifi networks, sayingits checking the quality of the connection, then reports the networkis disabled because the intenet is slow.

this is happening on my home network, where my other devices work just fine (the phone was working on it earlier).

now i have figured out that if I disable the Mobile Data, it connects to the home network. so, to me, this implies there's an issue with the phone, rather than the network.

has anyone else experienced this? any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

mmmm, So I try "With phone off, hold Vol Up + Home + Power all together until the phone boots up, then let go." and my fingers fall off waiting. But I have an S4 -  How to reboot an S4 ? .... Back soon

Message 21 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
because my phone rebooted (soft reboot) it connected to my wifi. Turning wifi on and back off, it wont connect (same message as above). Turning mobile data off and then wifi on, it connects.... Still looking how to hard reboot the phone slight_smile
Message 22 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
How to reboot .. Take your finger off the power when you feel the vibrate ... but keep fingers on the Volume Up and Home keys until you see the Android Logo.
Message 23 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic ! - Rebooted and reset phone.  Now I can't connect to my Google account ! Smiley Mad

Message 24 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Do you have Google 2 step verification enabled?
If so, you need to go on Google on your PC and get an authentication code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, so forget Google sign in and try the Backup Restore.

Get a message:  The App Verification setting for blocking the installation of malicious applications has been enabled on your device.

Disable the [Verify apps] setting in the [Settings] menu before continuing.

Click the Skip button if you do not want to restore the application.

So, I look at my phone. that says ... "Unable to proceed with software update without Wi-Fi connection. Connect to a Wi-Fi network.  - Cancel or Wi-Fi settings.

(will choose to cancel for now and find the Verify apps setting .... ) - Oh I can't.  I CANT GET TO ANY SETTINGS BECAUSE GOOGLE WANTS MY DETAILS, EITHER A NEW ACCOUNT OR SIGN INTO AN EXISTING.  So the only option now on the restore backup is SKIP....

I pressed SKIP, it continued ... restarted the Phone.

I select ENGLISH as my language - it then takes me to Wi-Fi settings - NETWORK DISABLED BECAUSE INTERNET CONNECTION IS SLOW.  aRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OMG, I CAN'T ACCESS MY GOOGLE ACCOUNT BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A CONNECTION WIFI OR OTHERWISE.  WHY CAN'T I GET TO SETTINGS?

STUCK NOW Help

Message 26 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI MI5, yes I do.  Where do I get the verification?  I have received no email or anything

Message 27 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

my "normal" verification is set up so it comes to my mobile phone 😕

Message 28 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You create a code for your phone which you then enter on your phone, however, your wifi is your biggest problem right now.
Have you rebooted your router to see if that helps you to connect to it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Went to my Google account on the PC and disabled Stage2 verification.  Got a bit further now. Signed into my Google account. The phone is downloading a zillion apps and updates via the mobile network BECAUSE I CAN'T CONNECT TO MY 60MB BROADBAND CONNECTION lol.  

What a waste of time 😕

Technology eh?  who needs it?

Message 30 of 38