cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network disabled because internet connection is slow - S3 upgraded to 4.3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently upgraded my S3 to 4.3 and everything appeared to be fine.then today my phone won't connect to wifi networks, sayingits checking the quality of the connection, then reports the networkis disabled because the intenet is slow.

this is happening on my home network, where my other devices work just fine (the phone was working on it earlier).

now i have figured out that if I disable the Mobile Data, it connects to the home network. so, to me, this implies there's an issue with the phone, rather than the network.

has anyone else experienced this? any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Samsung, SONY, LG, Huawei & HTC I can confirm, so I assume all android.
The SONY & Huawei also pop up a warning before turning mobile data back on after coming off wifi too, in case you don't want to use mobile data.

Just tested that on my Motorola Razr HD, and it also switches automatically to WiFi if your Mobile Data is switched on, so I would agree that it's probably all Android. I always have both off when I don't need it to conserve battery, so I never tested it before. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27654 Solutions
Yes that is a very good battery saving tip...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant solution, MI5.  Solved the problem for me.

Pity the O2 Guru did not suggest that when I asked, but I suppose the answer was in the title ("O2").  They really want you to use Mobile Data and not wifi. 

Their solution was to Switch off Mobile Data, "Forget" the wifi settings of the problem connection, Power down, Remove battery, Replace battery, Power up, Connect to problem wifi, Re-input passcode.

After I had done that for the 3rd problem wifi connection, I came here, and found the solution right away.

Thanks again.

Message 13 of 38

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27654 Solutions
Happy to have helped slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much good_batiatus for this post....just disabled my Mobile Data on my S3 and wow, now have Wi Fi uninterrupted! 

Message 15 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a **bleep** in the armour here for me. Just googled this fault as I have it and this comes up top so apologies for adding to a four year old thread BUT I live in a rural area so my O2 mobile data is pretty rubbish.

SO... your solution to reboot contains the words 'Next, make sure you are connected to wifi and reboot the phone, wait 5 mins before turning off again (this allows the phone to back up apps to Google servers).'

I can't connect to WIFI, that's why I'm here? Any other solutions besides sending my phone away for four days, as o2 have just suggested 😞

Message 16 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't say *beep* I said 'ch1nk in the armour'. 😄 Must think I'm making facetious comments LOL

Message 17 of 38

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27654 Solutions
That instruction is not compulsory, it's just an extra check to make sure you've got all backups covered and will just ensure that your apps autodownload again (you can still manually reload your apps if this fails though).

Currently using:
Message 18 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just landed here because my phone has recently just started telling me my 60mb connection is too slow, so I have to reset everything by using that stupid Kies software?  Let's hope they've updated that software so I can at least back things up 😕

I'll report back

Message 19 of 38

jonsie
  • 93216 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6970 Solutions

Good luck. These error messages are quite common until they sort the bugs out.

Message 20 of 38