cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mms - please help me or am I going mad!!

J-A-B
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a new Sony Z3, I always had Sony/Sony Ericsson for the last 15 year!!

Anyway here's my problem, I have always been able to send an mms without having to manually turn the mobile data on and off but with this phone I do! Is it the phone or the settings?  I'm told by o2 quite catagorically that I have never been able to send or recieve a picture message without having to MANUALLY turn my mobile data on and off - I think I know what I've been doing for the last umpteen years, but I was more or less told I'm making it up which has made me quite angry with them cos I can happily put the sim card back in my old phone and do it!!! I have a picture message bolt on so I could just happily continue to send my picture texts anytime and carefree as in the past without having to do anything but press send on my messaging app - although of course according to o2 this was just a daydream I've been having for numerous years.  Please someone tell me I'm not going mad and am I missing some setting or something.  In hope for my sanity. 

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Sounds more like an error in Sony's coding rather than a deliberate decision?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 41 of 43

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
That's what I was thinking but appears on rom variations of quite a few different manufacturers handsets.
Message 42 of 43

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Other thoughts are that it is deliberate to prevent data leaks when roaming and receiving an incoming MMS....
Must be a rationale for it somewhere slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 43 of 43