cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mms - please help me or am I going mad!!

J-A-B
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a new Sony Z3, I always had Sony/Sony Ericsson for the last 15 year!!

Anyway here's my problem, I have always been able to send an mms without having to manually turn the mobile data on and off but with this phone I do! Is it the phone or the settings?  I'm told by o2 quite catagorically that I have never been able to send or recieve a picture message without having to MANUALLY turn my mobile data on and off - I think I know what I've been doing for the last umpteen years, but I was more or less told I'm making it up which has made me quite angry with them cos I can happily put the sim card back in my old phone and do it!!! I have a picture message bolt on so I could just happily continue to send my picture texts anytime and carefree as in the past without having to do anything but press send on my messaging app - although of course according to o2 this was just a daydream I've been having for numerous years.  Please someone tell me I'm not going mad and am I missing some setting or something.  In hope for my sanity. 

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Wait for viridis to confirm either way then we can advise you further slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 11 of 43

J-A-B
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have to say all you guys are just marvellous!!  I have just done the O2 chat thing and they now tell me it's the handset, but it would be great if a Z3 user can confirm that 🙂

Message 12 of 43

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Not sure where @viridis is - I'd have hoped he'd be here by now - I'll go see if I can find him for you.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 13 of 43

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
One min.
Message 14 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Not sure where @viridis is - I'd have hoped he'd be here by now - I'll go see if I can find him for you.....

Probably getting tea for his kids....LOL @viridis  Come on....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
One min.

Now please...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 43

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23219 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@J-A-B wrote:

I have to say all you guys are just marvellous!!  I have just done the O2 chat thing and they now tell me it's the handset, but it would be great if a Z3 user can confirm that 🙂

Live Chat will know nothing. Wait for viridis. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 43

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Ok mobile data has to be switched on to send/recieve but does not have to be in use.
if you are on wifi, it will momentarily activate the mobile data to send / recieve the mms.
But the data toggle must be on.
This was also the case with z2 if I remember right, if the toggle is off it would just say queued for sending.
Message 18 of 43

J-A-B
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Aww thanks for confirming that, it's a bit poo though that I have to have my mobile data on when I'm not near wifi just incase someone wants to send me an mms and I have to turn it on to send one!! Is there anyway of having it on without it using data for anything else a part from setting all updates to wifi only and can you set facebook and other things to do that, sorry I'm all questions but I've never had a handset that did this before!! 😞

Message 19 of 43

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Will now test sending an mms to a HTC one and a Xperia U, both with mobile data toggle set to off.
Message 20 of 43