cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s3 o2 updates .......when!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i just got my unlock code from o2 to unlock my galaxy s3 yes! well done o2 first class service very very easy to do ....now when is o2 going to release the new firmware updates i am sadly on a branded unit anyone any idea if and when its being released

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
You will just get the Samsung start up screen and all updates will be directly from Samsung from now on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24072 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

Don't hold your breath waiting for an update. O2 are notoriously slow in rolling out firmware updates for any branded phone. Unless you can root your phone, you will just have to be patient and wait until they get around to it. Unfortunately, that could be some time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 20

MI5
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

No need to root the s3. Just follow my Odin guide and flash the generic open uk rom http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 20

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24072 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

Silly me. I should have just waited until you saw the post. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

wow thanks for what looks a straight forward task (fingers crossed )i have downloaded odin and the latest firmware unbranded uk so before i take the plunge lol will the result mean the awful o2 start/close screen will be gone and more importantly will i now get updates quicker than the o2 firmware which to be honest is the main reason i wish to do it

thanks in advance.:smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 20

MI5
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
You will just get the Samsung start up screen and all updates will be directly from Samsung from now on.
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your great help
Message 7 of 20

MI5
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
All part of the service mate wink
Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Er

Forgot to ask do i need to remove sim card and sd card before I start

Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
No need to but you can if you are more comfortable with it.
Message 10 of 20