cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed to sign in

Anonymous
Not applicable

here we go agian, phone rebooted other morning dont no if this is why but was all good till this mornig my phone stared pinging failed to sign in whats that all about now when i know i should,nt i going into settings yikes look around find password put in what i think it was its say authentication failed another thing i was in said update password to match server whats going on my email was fine then just started saying failed to sign in gggrrrrrr

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you saying you cannot get email pushed to your phone !

What phone , firmware and e mail client are you using ?
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry its a s4 and btinternet,just dont understand why i work with emails on phone everyday
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
it sits here and keeps ringing and saying sign in failed
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 is the member who could help you.

Just remember btinternet is a pop3 style account.
Message 5 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Replied to your PM but if still having trouble delete and re install email account.
I would strongly advise you to use IMAP rather than POP3 http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/~/bt-email%3A-what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is what gets me stressed guys my phone has judt started saying failed to sign in (!) I went to link like you said went to how to set up email on android it says tap app icon on home screen ok then tap email icon ok then tap other) pop or imap there is no choice like that gggggrrr who do I phone to get this sorted over phone it never is as simple as they say it is
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you do the auto setup it will automatically do it as IMAP so won't give you choice.
If you clear the keyboard after entering your username and password but before pressing next you should get an auto or manual option.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use BtInternet , Hotmail and iCloud on my iPhone.

Occasionally im asked for my BtInternet password to be re inputted even tho I know its right. Seems they don't play together properly in my case.

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
BT use Yahoo which is notoriously annoying, on android at least!!

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15