cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dodgy signal at home

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace. Have had no problems with it in the past, but last 2 weeks or so have been a nightmare. Signal drops off completely on incoming calls within first minute & now also dropping off on outgoing calls as well.

Given that we have 3 o2 masts locally, this does not make sense - verified by a "guru" last week. Followed all their advice, no difference. Called into o2 shop where they replaced my sim card as it was quite aged, no difference.

Any advice most welcome before I throw phone against wall.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I've read that right VelvetLady

Changing ISP will not affect your Mobile Phone Network but I can understand your thinking.
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
One other last resort if things don't change and your not stuck in a contract is to change to a Network that gives you a stable signal and data connection.

Ask for the phone to be unlocked which is free on a contract or £15 on Payg as long as its been latched for 12 months.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Test various networks out by using different Payg sims for a week.

Ask for your PAC Code and pass it onto a new network.

It's not the best resolution right now but gives you further options !

I hope instead things settle and you can get back to using your phone and 02's services.

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all the input, especially bandofbrothers. My contract us due to expire in December but can't wait until then for a resolution. More assistance found on here than from anyone at o2. Cheers 😉
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome.

I'm Hoping you don't need to leave and things settle down.

Take care.
Message 14 of 14