Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z3 Pin Lock

AJPoppies
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried to enter various PIN (4 digit) numbers on my home lock screen as i changed my PIN today.  Keeps coming up with the number of attempts that i have made.  

I have tried entering a PUK code, would this work, or just unlock the SIM and not the actual lock screen?
Have tried ringing O2, but to no avail as of yet due to the current crisis.

Also tried the "Google Account" way, where it gives you options to find your phone etc.

Would my SIM be locked?  I don't see any on my screen saying that my SIM has been locked or blocked??
I have received no error messages to say that my SIM has been locked, just the number of attempts showing when i try to enter my 4 digit PIN.

Any help would be much appreciated.  

I have done loads of Google searches but it looks like a Factory reset maybe the very last extreme option??

Thanks.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Factory reset won't bypass a SIM pin, and the lock screen pin won't affect the SIM.
It tells you the amount of entries as it's been incorrectly entered X amount of times.
Is it the SIM pin or lock screen pin, if lock screen pin, I feel a reset may be the only solution, if the find my Google option didn't work.
There are guides online with instructions on how to get around this, but I'm sure you can understand I can't post on here how to bypass security features, as said, Google has the answer.
Message 3 of 8

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Exactly what @viridis said
Message 4 of 8

AJPoppies
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No Worries, thank you for your reply and your help. 

Looks like it will be a factory reset.

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Can you not enter any pin like 20 times for it to give you the option to unlock with your Google account details?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

AJPoppies
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have entered a PIN numerous times and no error message has come up on the screen.  Just the amount of times i have tried, which has surpassed 40 now.  No other message/s have shown up, nothing about Google account details. 

Message 8 of 8