Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z2 first major update :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys

New to the forums! 

Im aware sony have released the first big software update for the z2 and unlocked handests get the update straight away however i know when you have a device thats locked by the network they have to approve the update first before we can download it. My question is in your experiance how quick are o2 at testing and releasing these updates once they get them? I left t-mobile when the S3 was out due to them taking months and months to release even small updates that unlcoked handests recieved months before hand.

gosh that was wordy sorry

Thank you wink

Message 1 of 48
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes it will. Check in update centre but you should get notification of a system update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 30 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been a bit hit and miss to be honest.

They are a lot better than a year or so ago.
Message 2 of 48

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sadly, O2 are no quicker than any of the other networks.
Our firmware chap, Chris_K is on holiday at the moment but I'm sure he'll update you when he's back.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest you hit the nail on the head regarding obtaining a phone unlocked , sim free if firmware update are wanted fast.
Message 4 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your reply's guys, im happy with the device no major bugs that are annoying me so im happy waiting, just wish the networks didnt have to approve, other than there logo on boot up screens i really struggle to see what else they have to test lol!

Message 5 of 48

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
We say the same everytime wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I understand it this is so new firmware does no clash with their network and some aspects of the firmware they are not wanting their customers to have.
Message 7 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

This Chris you speak of is his job to test the firmwares? or does he just advise on here what o2 have told him to say about updates?

Message 8 of 48

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
He is part of the Social Media team responsible for updating customers on phone and firmware releases.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 48

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
As I understand it this is so new firmware does no clash with their network and some aspects of the firmware they are not wanting their customers to have.

Which as we all know is rubbish because they do not block SIM free phones from connecting to the O2 network wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 48